My recommended addons for a perfect Firefox (at least in my situation)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, Jun 30, 2009.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Since Firefox 3.5 is out now. I want to put out a list of addons that are compatible and greatly enhance surfing experiences of general users.

1. adblock+, I know this has been mentioned everywhere, but I really can't avoid it. This addon removes the ads within webpages.

2. autodial, this addon generates a most visited list whenever you open a new tab, it doesn't do any thumbnail, giving you full windows of sapce populated with all your favorite websites, really is an extraordinarily efficient way of reaching where you want to go.

3. Firegestures, if you use mouse to operate your browser, you have to have this, with 5 minutes tweak and learning curve, you can practically surfing the net mostly without any targeted clicking (click mice at certain target element).

4. password exporter, with new version out, long time users might want to establish a new profile, or if people need to transfer profiles from one computer (PC, MAC, Lin) to another, this addon will transfer your password with ease.

5, screengrab, as name suggested, one of many addons doing this job.

6, ubiquity, its an extremely powerful tool that I am using 1% of its potential, but for now, its a quick way for me to check weathers, dictionary and calculating values.

7. FAYT, enable FAYT in Firefox preference, then this addon works wonder. It provides the up/next/highlight for quickfind toolbar. FAYT is one of most used function of my firefox, this addon enhance that for a thousand miles.

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Thanks for your list, some I'll certainly take a look at.

I tend to have my FF tweaked as a developer browser. So 2 that I really can't live without are Firebug and SQLite Manager. I also use TwitterFox on occasion (made by same dev as the TwitterFon iPhone app).

3. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

While I certainly respect the user experience of others... I personally have no use for any of these add-ons

For me, they just become more bloat and something else to keep updated

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

In that case you need Update Notifier https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2098 :D