My refurb 17" came with visible wear. Should I chance it and try another?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fennel, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Fennel macrumors newbie

I always read comments about how Apple refurbs are usually indistinguishable from new but my 17" came today and it has some obvious wear on the keyboard as well as fine scratches on the body. Should I try and get another one or should I be happy this one at least works fine and mostly looks good? Is the quality of these only going to get worse now that they are discontinued?

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

If it were me, I would return it. That's me.

If it bugs you now, it always will, so I recommend returning it for another 17".

3. trikky macrumors regular

What did Apple say when you phoned them? When I called about a refurb with a dent in, they resolved that concern licketysplit, and not because I was griping, but because - as the guy told me - they're certainly not supposed to be like that.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'm assuming you purchased this from Apple and not from another seller. But, anyways like the two posters have said you should contact Apple. Doing a return rebuy is too much of a hassle. And another thing, since there's those imperfections, I would be worried if they even opened the MBP to inspect or replace necessary parts.