My refurb quad 2.93 arrived with 8gb instead of 3gb

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by iMacprobook, Jun 29, 2010.

1. iMacprobook macrumors member

Which did surprise me, although i had already ordered 16 gb from owc (fantastic service..) which i have now fitted. Is it sometimes possible that refurbs are shipped with more ram?:confused:

2. Shownarou macrumors regular

3. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I'm surprised this thread wasn't titled "Horror story straight from Hell!" or something like that! :p

Nice perk.

4. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wow!

I wonder what might happen to an employee who made a mistake like that if it was discovered afterward what happened and who caused it to happen. Certainly not good. I bet it's almost never actually discovered though, but I could be wrong.

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

It's not a mistake so much as how the returned machine was dealt with.

6. Roman23 macrumors 6502

Is it a single or dual?

Is this a single or dual quad-core? If you got single, you might want to do what I did by getting the w3580 and replacing the slower w3540 with this.. that way you will have the top of the line processor for lots lots less.. Just to go from 2.66(which is what I have) to the 3.33 on apple's site is 1200.00.. I only spent 608 for the processor.

It wasn't really cost effective either for 400 more to go with the refurb 2.93 as its not much faster than the 2.66, however the 3.33 is faster than both yours and mine and I have it on the way!