Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metanoiapi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
My Retina iMac is on it's way from Shanghai, China and is due to arrive by Friday. It was ordered the day of the Event.

When did you order yours? Is it on its way? When will it arrive? Is it coming from China or Ireland? :)

According to Chipmunk: Production year: 2014
Production week: 42 (October)

So it's definetly "new". Wow.

Last edited:

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
So they are not made in the US like the mac pros? Wasn't that the word going around.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 10/24/2014, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 10/27/2014, By End of Day

Last Location:
Shanghai, China, Monday, 10/20/2014

metanoiapi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
That is super quick. I'm impressed actually.

I am as well. I originally wasn't expecting this until a few days before Halloween; now I'm told it's due by Friday!

the only glitch I've had is that they authorized for twice the amount on my card. Apparently this is standard practice, but it maxed out my credit and now I can't buy food :-(

Oh well - maybe by Friday I'll be as thin as the iMac! (I'm already pretty thin!) lol

----------

So they are not made in the US like the mac pros? Wasn't that the word going around.

That's correct. China and Ireland are the two factories. If you live outside of the Pacific Rim they usually come from Ireland, I think. I believe the MacPros are made in Dallas, TX. There was a Twitter post from Tim the day he visited. (But don't look at the background) :eek:

----------

BTO w/i7 and m295x ordered immediately after event, shipped from China, due in Boston Wednesday! Very excited... :)

You're lucky! Due report first impressions when it arrives. Your configuration is the sam as mine; assuming you got the 1TB fusion drive also.

I know there are many here who would suggest getting a SSD as well but I spent the funds on a Time Capsule instead. I can live with the 128MB SSD.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Double charging your card or holding double the amount is not standard practice as far as I recall with Apple. All items purchased online had holds for the purchase amount and nothing more. that is weird.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

I haven't seen any word going around that the new iMacs were made in the US.

Of course, that matters, because if it's not made in the US of A, then it's just no good. :rolleyes:

A couple of decades ago, you would have seen the same ignorance but you would replace China with Japan. The made in China joke has been irrelevant for at least a decade.

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Metanoiapi, yup 1tb fusion drive. I will have an external thunderbolt ssd but will see how well it does w/o at first. I'll let you know how it goes.

metanoiapi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Double charging your card or holding double the amount is not standard practice as far as I recall with Apple. All items purchased online had holds for the purchase amount and nothing more. that is weird.

I think it has something to do with using optional financing; such as Barclay or PayPal.

I found this faq page and down at the very bottom it talks about this. http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/faq.php

Granted, it's weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.