My Rev B MBA loose at least 10% in sleep mode just overnight.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nph, Jul 31, 2011.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

I remember it used to loose like a few percentages but now in 8 hours it lost 10%. Coconut battery shows 92 charges and 93% battery life.

Is this normal or what can I do?

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Apple notebooks normally lose 1% battery per hour sleep, so it seems to be normal.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Are you using Lion? Some of us with new MacBook Airs are complaining that it loses more power in deep sleep than it should. Perhaps it's a bug in Lion, rather than in our new Airs.

4. nph thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, Leopard actually, 10.5 since I lost 25 minutes of battery life when I upgraded to SL. Would SL be better in this aspect? I only tested light browsing when I saw the decrease in battery life.

5. simsaladimbamba

I managed quite good battery times with 10.6 in my 2009 MBP, but I have a 17", thus have a bigger battery to even see a decrease. But using 10.6 will not lower the battery usage during sleep, as the RAM needs to be powered the same.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

You might try a calibration, since perhaps it's just your sensor that's off. Leave it on and let it fully charge down overnight (you might download Caffeine to drain the battery faster), and then recharge it. It takes about 5 hours after it shuts down and the meter drops to 0% to fully charge down, so that's why I recommend doing this overnight.

7. n1tut macrumors regular

n1tut

Posted this on another thread, but my 11" 2010 both with Leopard and Lion, starts up with the same % charge that it closed down on even after 12 hours.

tut

8. simsaladimbamba

Your 2010 MBA seems to hibernate and not sleep, thus no battery charge is used for that.