Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Hi All,

I recently got my Orzly Duostand, 3 days ago to be precise, just been testing it so I could give a full review of the stand on here.

I initially heard about this brand when I ordered one of their faceplates, it’s just a simple cover for the watch but looks great with the sport band. Inside the pack was a small leaflet with other accessories sold by them, one of which was a stand. I was always after one as I needed one to keep on my desk at work. Ordered a cheap plastic one as a temporary measure, but a stand that held both the watch and iPhone was what I was after. That’s when I came across the Orzly one :)

Here’s my verdict: -

I have to say I absolutely love it! Getting the watch on the stand is effortless and the ability to re-position the cables in the stand to suit where I’m keeping it is handy. Charging the watch is fairly quick so it’s not on there for too long at a time, so my preference is keeping the iPhone in view. I usually charge the watch first thing in the morning when I get into the office at work but keep my phone on there pretty much the whole day. It’s good for just using as a method of keeping my email alerts on.

I was a bit worried about phone sliding off the stand when it vibrates, but this isn’t the case with the orzly stand. I keep a gel case on my phone so this adds grip in itself, but the non-slip pads also help. It’s also got these 4 dots at the base which stop the entire stand moving around, and the base itself is fairly large so it does this helps furthermore in preventing the stand toppling over when I accidentally knock it.

Another thing that I really like about this stand is the way it looks! Has a really slim design, and the brushed aluminium look looks great next to my iMac. The contrast with the black and silver looks classy and very “Apple like”

Overall I’m very happy with it and am likely to order another for my home desk. Would definitely recommend their accessories. I’ve got some pictures below of the stand that I took.

I'll keep this thread updated the more I have continued using the stand.

Yvu8H1i.jpg

80skrF5.jpg

^ in this picture, i decided to take a close up so you can also see the face plate on the watch.

Xx9Sdnf.jpg

pfcfbpf.jpg

Let me know if there are any other pictures you'd like me to take :)

Reactions: Esoom

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
How does the lightning cable stay in place. Do you have to physically attach it to the phone, or does it have something to hold it in place. Can you add a pic of that side of the stand with the phone not on it?

Thanks

appletoylover

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
How does the lightning cable stay in place. Do you have to physically attach it to the phone, or does it have something to hold it in place. Can you add a pic of the side of the stand with the phone not on it?

Im so sorry, i posted up the wrong link
I think this explains it quite well

jaysquires

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Received my Duostand yesterday and I'm very happy with it especially as it only cost me £10! Took a while to come i was an early preorder but worth the wait. Looks great next to my Macbook and it even holds my iPad mini!

Reactions: expensiveapples

appletoylover

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
How long did it take you to get it? Ordered mine on May 12th and still waiting.

Hi mate, unfortunately there shipping times are pathetic. As a family we have ordered 3 units in total now. Only the first one has arrived. There customer service is bang on though and they have been prompt and honest in there replies just saying the demand has been higher than they anticipated. They have said that stock problems are 100% going to be over this month and that all back orders are going to be cleared and this is going to be over for good!!

not sure if this helps but i would just drop them a email. The stand however is worth the wait and im glad jayaquires has posted up pics as i have been a bit lazy!!! It has so many little uses such a bedside stand to view movies or holding the ipad mini as well etc etc

jimkraz

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
I also purchased this stand as an early adopter, it was sent out but went missing in the post, Orzly dealt with it in a very sympathetic manner and as soon as new stock arrived it was sent out by courier, I am delighted with my stand and as said early adopters got in at £9.99 delivered.

Attachments

• DSCF0035.JPG
    DSCF0035.JPG
    895.1 KB · Views: 228

jaysquires

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Funnily enough mine went missing in the post too! Seller sent another which I had to wait 2 weeks for as there was no stock

Neo1975

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2015
Mine has been lost in transit too. They have offered a refund or replacement.

Was the seller Flexfirm ? They sent a despatch message weeks ago, but then said it was a mistake and the item was pre order, shipping 25/5.

I think they messed up and didn't knew who the shipped them to and who they didn't.

Desperately want the stand so have asked for a replacement, but not happy with Flexfirm at all.

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Just a quick update on the stand:

Haven't had any problems with the stand so far.

In regards to many of the shipping notifications, I too received an apology email for the delay. I think this stand is extremely popular for many. Most likely due to the fact it holds the watch phone, and even an iPad!

I think they've resolved their stock issue, one of my mates who saw my stand liked it so much he ordered one too and got his already.

expensiveapples

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2015
Mine finally arrived this morning. Yes its ridiculous how long delivery has taken, they did put in a honest apology letter in the envelope apologising with a free flexicase. Anyway the stand in itself looks very good and solid

My charger is at home so i guess i will set it up tonight. If anyone wants a review of it or has some questions you can ask me here

I have done a quick envelope un-opening pic for you guys below

Attachments

• orzly delivery pic --).jpg
    orzly delivery pic --).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 264

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
Mine finally arrived this morning. Yes its ridiculous how long delivery has taken, they did put in a honest apology letter in the envelope apologising with a free flexicase. Anyway the stand in itself looks very good and solid

My charger is at home so i guess i will set it up tonight. If anyone wants a review of it or has some questions you can ask me here

I have done a quick envelope un-opening pic for you guys below

Still waiting on mine. Where are you located?

Packfan99

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
Centennial, CO
Wasn't in the mail today, so if it comes Monday, it will have been 23 days since I was told that it shipped, and 32 days after I ordered it. It will then have taken as long to get this as is it did to get my 42 SGS that was ordered 8 minutes after they went on sale. At least for this, my obsession consists of checking the mail each day.

expensiveapples

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2015
Wasn't in the mail today, so if it comes Monday, it will have been 23 days since I was told that it shipped, and 32 days after I ordered it. It will then have taken as long to get this as is it did to get my 42 SGS that was ordered 8 minutes after they went on sale. At least for this, my obsession consists of checking the mail each day.

Jaysquires - thank you SO much for those pics. Had i not seen your pics with the ipad mini on it i dnt think i would of tried to rest my ipad Air on it. I confirm this little beauty also holds my ipad perfectly. Im staying at my parents tonight and they dnt have TV in the spare room so this came in very useful.

Packfan I am UK based and i ordered this from amazon.co.uk from a seller called ghub. I have waited almost 15 days. If im honest, i feel they have told a few porky pies about delivery dates and maybe oversold. This is just my personal opinion. The lady nina i spoke to in customer services seemed nice and genuine and I got a load of free gifts and so did my cousin in canada who brought form this seller. I hope you get yours soon as it makes charging the watch so much neater. For the life of me i cannot understand why Apple didnt make there own version of a stand like this because i reckon i would of paid £50 for it

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I also purchased this stand as an early adopter, it was sent out but went missing in the post, Orzly dealt with it in a very sympathetic manner and as soon as new stock arrived it was sent out by courier, I am delighted with my stand and as said early adopters got in at £9.99 delivered.

Just noticed from your pic you've got the milanese loop. Is it a genuine one? Also how do you feel about the connector bit being a different material to your space grey sport watch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.