My review on Zagg, Wrapsol, SGP and Schosche bandEDGE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BulletToothTony, Jul 22, 2010.

1. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

hey guys, i know that many of people here are very aware of the strengths and weaknesses on different screen protectors but i figured that some people do not and i hope to help some of those people..

since it would take too long to write everything I made a video... hope it's helpful..

i will be doing some more later on, on some eBay cases.. and some amazon cases as well..

anyhow here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIff917QnDY

Hope I help at least one person. :D :apple:

2. Psant macrumors regular

3. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Good review. I thought Schosche was pronounced as "Sko sha" though, no?

4. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i thought so too.. until i saw a video where the guy that worked for Scosche said it the way that i said it in the video.. maybe he was wrong thou.. ugh..

here's where i heard it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THRFd1ZS2gw

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Well the name is a lot like "Porsche." And people pronounce that as "Porsh" or "Porsha" either way. So I'm going to pronounce it as "Skosha." :D

Cool company name, regardless.

6. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

Very helpful, you pretty much made up my mind for me.

7. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

wow that's great to hear.. haha thanx.. on what product if i may ask?

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Nice review. I'm glad you like the SGP one the best because that's what I ordered before watching the video, lol. I went with the SGP Incredible Shield Ultra Matte, hopefully it's nice.

9. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

I almost got the full kit like you did, but got nervous about fingerprints from what others said, even though you didn't have issues. I just got the oleophobic front for now, and am thinking about getting the Zagg rear protector since I can't find a rear by itself anywhere else.

I'm just glad I know I got the best front protector since that is what really matters. I had come close to getting the Zagg earlier, and then the Wrapsol, so you're review was very helpful. :D

10. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

Very awesome and helpful review. You convinced me to buy the Scoche and unltra fine SGP. FYI your screensaver on your desktop is very distracting in the background.:p

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

I tried pronouncing Schoshe and two nearby people said God bless you.

12. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

haha that's great.. i'm still very pleased with both products..

and as far as the desktop it's a screensaver called "LotsAWater" it's free and you can find it in version tracker.. i love it :D

thanx for your comment

13. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Nice one dude.

Because of you I ordered the SGP front (Oleophobic) and rear cover.

14. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i really wonder if the Oleophobic and the Ultra are not the same thing because my SGP is so good at rejecting fingerprints.. i couldn't imagine being any better at it :D i'm very happy with it

15. donster28 macrumors 65816

Got the Scosche Band Edge, black with a clear middle.

This is probably the best bumper you can buy right now. Hearing about the possible scratching on the Apple bumbers made me want to wait, but browsing through a local 'The Source by Circuit City' here in Toronto, they had the Band Edge in stock.

I was a bit skeptical at first but I really didn't have any choice (wanted to protect my newly bought iPhone as soon as possible.)

I've installed and removed the bumper about 7 times now and there is no sign of scratching whatsoever. I credit the black rubbers surrounding the polycarbonate clear middle. It prevents the polycarbonate from touching the aluminum bezel. This is probably the best feature of this product.

The bumber also fits very snugly when installed. It's also not difficult to re-install.

One miss though, the rubber buttons make it a little difficult to push the iPhone buttons beneath them. But not a deal breaker for me. They also do not scratch the silver buttons on the iPhone.

The big SCOSCHE logo on the right side is actualy a classy one...I really don't mind it at all either.

This, in combination with the ZAGG on both sides is perfect mix in my opinion. I opted to install the front screen protector that comes with the Scorsche and leave the ZAGG installed on the back. My iPhone 4 is a looker! :)

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Do you know if either the Zagg or SGP are thinner than the Wrapsol? I got the wrapsol wet and it turned out too thick in conjunction with my otterbox defender case.

Thanks.

17. Pared macrumors 65816

SGP is thinner than wrapsol. You'll be happy with it.

18. circularforward macrumors 6502

Thanks for the review. Helped me go with the SGP.

19. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

so good to hear.. i found out the hard way (after $45) that SGP is the best for my needs..

i'm so glad i was able to share some light on these things..

20. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Awesome I just bought the SGP Ultra Crystal EX, good to see that it got a good review :D

21. jayo123456 macrumors regular

same here, just ordered sgp

what is that screen saver on your mac btw?

22. Insilin1i macrumors regular

What source did you go to, I need a case and can't wait a month for my bumper and this one seems better than the bumper for looks and protection.

He said it in post #13 "LotsAWater"