My Screen Has Alot Of Scratches!!! updated pics on the second page.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dragonguy83, Sep 21, 2007.

1. dragonguy83 macrumors member

hey guys, just a heads up, yesterday i have my touch in my pocket with my phone that had a case one it(which has some metal thing to secure my phone) and next thing you know i have a bunch of scratches on the SCREEN i could not believe it i thought it was un scratch able. i call apple about the screen black issue and im getting a replacement so i am too worried about this one. i already ordered an invisible shield so im ok, but i just wanted to let y'all know about it.

i took pics but there are on my home computer so ill post them tonight. i know the rule is no pic then it didnt happen so ill prove it tonight. i have not heard of this from anyone which is weird. And when i mean scratches, i mean pretty deep. just a heads up guys.

2. caMi macrumors regular

It is glass, it will scratch.

Shouldn't be carrying it naked in your pocket with other stuff like that. Especially since you were planning on returning it.

3. dragonguy83 thread starter macrumors member

i forgot the sock for it yesterday. but i mean should it really scratch that much

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think it's been well-proven that iPod/iPhone glass is exceptionally hard to scratch. There's something wrong here.

5. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

Are you sure you didn't leave the plastic screen cover on? I took the outer plastic off and was disappointed with my screen. Then I realized there was a second screen cover on it.

6. animenick65 macrumors 6502

That front is tempered glass. It will scratch but shouldn't scratch that easy. Somethings up.

7. caMi macrumors regular

He said there was a metal clip in his pocket.

With the motion of walking that will scratch the glass.

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

he failed to mention that the metal clip was actually a glass cutter :eek:

9. Cache macrumors regular

I read somewhere else on this forum the sock is too short for the touch. :(

10. dragonguy83 thread starter macrumors member

hey guys, let me explain the metal thing, it just a button that you have on jackets and stuff like that which you just clip together. i hope i am describing it ok. yes, the plastic cover was off. like i said ill post the pics tongiht

11. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

you have a glass cutter installed on your pants? wow... very mcguiver-esque!

12. caMi macrumors regular

Your hilarious. (your not supposed to tell the same joke 2X in the same thread)

On a side note:

If anyone has one of those 5.5G sleeves they work GREAT on the ipod touch!!!

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Not according to Ars Technica. They took a knife to the screen and couldn't scratch it.

14. jmack549 macrumors 6502

That's weird, I only had the one piece of plastic on my screen.

15. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I'd also point out that my second joke was just an additive to the first joke... whatever, I guess we can't expect everyone to have a sense of humor..

at least i didnt scratch my new ipod (jk btw)

16. caMi macrumors regular

same.

17. RadioStar macrumors member

It's not. Mine works fine. :)

18. dragonguy83 thread starter macrumors member

hey guys, im home and i have the pics of it. how do i insert them

19. webteeth macrumors member

webteeth

When you go to "Post Reply", below the "Submit Reply" button there is a button apply titled, "Manage Attachments" under "Attach Files". Click it, attach the images, then post.

20. dragonguy83 thread starter macrumors member

its hard to see on with the flash i can seem to get the right angle. the worst scrathes are on below the safari icon if you can image the placement. ill take some better ones

Attached Files:

21. caMi macrumors regular

I am beginning to think no one on this site knows how to use a camera...

None of those pictures are in focus... Not even close. It looks like your ceiling fan is the only thing in focus.

P.S.

You have a weird camera...

[​IMG]

22. robPOD macrumors 6502

Lol, nice one

23. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

yeah if you have a macro mode(usually a flower icon) on you camera use that to take pics of the scratches. BTW thats a cool point and shoot camera, I like the dual lens action.

24. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i hate to agree with newbie on this, but my old touch (week 37) had started getting a few scratches on it from being in my pocket the past few days, so its certainly possible

the screen dosent have the same coating as the iphone, im sure no one here has both but my friend has an iphone and i play with all the time, and if you look at it at an angle it looks like it has small squares all over it, something that the ipod touch does not

25. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Arrgghh this sucks:mad:. I would hate to use cases with the iTouch. What's the point of shaving off those extra millimeters then?