My sensors on iMac 5k, i5, 295x, 512GB

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Cape Dave, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

2. paelzersebbi macrumors member

I would strongly suggest that those readings are somehow corrupted... OR you should consider returning your machine.

Have you touched the rear of the iMac? Does it feel like there is some water boiling inside?

I ordered the same specs, still waiting for an update on delivery time... I wonder that Apple doesn't promote it to replace your kitchen stove, too...

3. WilliamG macrumors G3

Looks very normal (no surprise).

Ever heard of Fahrenheit? :)

4. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Agreed. No way those temps are celcius...the computer would have shut itself down way before getting to some of those temps. 118F is around 48C so yeah it's completely normal I would say.

5. FredT2 macrumors 6502

6. Cape Dave, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Cape Dave thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. Yes, Fahrenheit for sure :) This is my first iMac and I just needed some confirmation that all was OK. I got a 16 day return extension from Apple as I am having trouble deciding if I will keep it.

Not because there are any issues now. There are none. It is a fine computer. But down the road, I worry about it having to be taken apart, sent away and have various parts replaced.

Not only would I be without a computer for 2 weeks or so, but I like a sealed unit. That, it seems to me, it the whole point of an all in one :)

And I do know there have been serious heat issues with mainly video card in previous iMacs and I also know that Apple does not know how to properly apply CPU paste. I know I worry too much. I will be getting Applecare for sure, but that really just handles the cost of repairs, not the inconvenience of shipping, being without, etc.

Here they are in Celsius

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8f6ribai8o7v4a/Screenshot 2014-11-23 12.55.47.png?dl=0 :)

7. WilliamG macrumors G3

Avoid the forums, if you're worried, since it's 99% paranoia and 1% refutation here. :)

8. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Mine are similar, although I'm curious since I use iStat menus and I have a different set of temps showing. Don't have TCON, for example.

9. Cape Dave thread starter macrumors 68000

I downloaded the latest version last night. Maybe that is it? Also there are settings you can change.

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

I have TCON in iStat Menus. Make sure you're using the latest version since it's the support for the new iMac-update.