My shots from the Balloon Festival in NJ today

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by wgilles, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

The balloon festival in Readington, NJ started today and I took the opportuinity they offered to photographers to come in for free and snap some shots. I took around 200 pictures and these were my favorite. I made them very bright and a little contrasty to show the "fun" of the event.

Tried to get the moon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

QuickChek sponsored the event
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They managed to get these 2 to go up at EXACTLY the same time, it was pretty neat to watch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vbvr macrumors newbie

3. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

If that's not a photo op, I don't know what is! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Nice shots...so colorful and, well...uplifting!

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Beautiful shots, what a sight.

Slightly off topic, but did you happen to see the brain model ballon? I've only seen it once. It matches the color coded brains that sat in every science classroom in school.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Great shots. Balloons offer a great photo opps.

6. wgilles thread starter macrumors 6502

wgilles

No didn't see it. There weren't a whole lot of exotic balloons this year. Maybe tomorrow there will be for the weekend, but today was the only day I could go. Thanks for the C&C

7. ksz macrumors 68000

It's really fun to see these photos and the assortment of balloons! You've post-processed them quite well. What camera and lens did you use?

As for the size of these photos, what can I say...I have a 30-inch monitor on which they fit very well. :)

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Definitely my favorite of the set. Nice shots w/ great colors. Looks like it would have been fun to be there. :)

9. wgilles thread starter macrumors 6502

wgilles

Oh it was great. I went once when I was a kid like 12 years ago. This was my first time back and it was so cool to where they blow up the balloons. I used a Nikon D80 with a 18-135mm DX lens. I felt like such a amateur though, I was definitely the youngest photographer there (I'm 21) and most of them had 2+ camera bodies with big honkin' lenses. That's okay though, I got some great shots, it's not the camera, it's the photographer! :eek: