My sons calendar alerts show up on my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grmgroup, Apr 28, 2012.

1. grmgroup macrumors newbie

Long story short: My son's iphone 3 camera died so we had to get another phone. Got a 4S. Transferred all my stuff from iphone 4 to 4S. Then transferred my son's data from 3 to 4. One snafu: Every single calendar alert he puts on his phone is popping up on mine. Driving me nuts. He backs up to the cloud but should we both have our own clouds? I use AT&T. My phone is primary line and his is added line. We share minutes but have separate data plans. Short of not using cloud for his backups, any other way to resolve this?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Are you guys using the same Apple ID? He needs to be using a different ID than you, I believe. This is annoying. That's why I use google for this, contacts, etc.

3. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I would just make sure he's got his own apple ID. He backs up to his iCloud, and you to yours. Problem solved :)

4. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I believe you can share an apple ID he just needs his own iCloud account.

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

As others have mentioned, using different iCloud accounts will stop this (but you can still both use the same iTunes store (aka AppleID) account).

Also, make sure you don't have his calendar turned on on your phone. In the Calendar app, make sure you deselect his calendar if it's listed.

6. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Maybe you didn't delete your default calender off his phone.

7. grmgroup thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. We need to share account so he can buy apps. I'll try the separate iCloud account.