MY Starbucks App concept!! Come and take a look, see what you think!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 5, 2008.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I thought I'd have a go. (If you want to check out an outstanding version, that is NOT made by me, click here.)
    ->http://www.genoco.com/link/interactive_quickOrder.html
    I'll keep you posted, this is like a...a sort of teaser if you like!

Sorry about the spelling! (Caffè Latte is spelled without a graphical accent and coffe was a typo!)

Attached Files:

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

3. the.snitch macrumors regular

the.snitch

4. pazreal macrumors regular

5. Shap macrumors member

it looks really really nice! Love the interface

6. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry About that:p:p

And coffe (coffee) was a typo...

UPDATE:

This is my new "News" Page. It's sort of like a widget. Sort of like the Weather widget. You select the news papers (Or news feeds: RSS, websites, etc.) you want (From what ever country) and look at the news while your sipping your coffee before starting work!

Attached Files:

• news.jpg
      news.jpg
      File size:
      615.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Shap macrumors member

You've got great design style. You should build it and sell it to starbucks! Do you have much experience doing design for web apps? I'm in process of of one that could use a few design mods.

8. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow thanks! I don't have any experience doing designs for web apps, I just do it for fun!(In fact I'm waiting to download the SDK but the servers are overloaded:eek:) But if you need an idea/design concept, I'm willing to help out!:)

9. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

10. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

And what is that supposed to mean?? Do you not like my color/colour scheme??

11. Crossbone macrumors regular

star*ucks sucks. I like you app idea, but no star*ucks

12. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

it just isnt cohesive or visually appealing. from one designer to another, always use your intuition. just because the starbucks logo is green doesn't mean you need to make the background of your dev a different shade of green. do what looks good... ;)

13. Shap macrumors member

Huh, looks great to me and i dont see a green shaded background unless your talking about the embedded photo he attached... Click the actual link to see the animated version.

14. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the animated version is not his

15. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

I just sort of go apple-esque:

[​IMG]
    :)

Yeah... sorry to disappoint

16. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

This design is the one that I think is best at the moment. I'm happy with it. What do you think?:
    PS: The starbucks logo at the top is to return to the main menu. The green circle with a number(1) is the number of orders you have pending. If you touch it you'll see the status and details of the order

Starbucks-Menu.jpg Starbucks-Music.jpg Starbucks-News.jpg

17. sduckett macrumors newbie

I dont get this need to purchase coffee from your iphone???? i get wanting to know what songs played but.. seriously???? how will the person behind the counter get the order? how would they know who to bring it to? how do you pay for it? why not just walk up to the counter and talk to the person taking your order???? Gdamn/!!! are we really getting so gadet crazy we feel like we have to use it for everything!!!????

18. Surely Guest

Surely

The internet's on computers?!?!?!?

19. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

There will be a special Wi-Fi network in EVERY Starbucks named "Order" or something. Then you can use either your iTunes account or a special Starbucks account to purchase food, beverage and songs.

ANYWAY!! HERE IS THE OFFICIAL POSTER. IT WILL BE SOLD THROUGH THE APP STORE IN JUNE! NOTE: I'M MAKING THIS UP AND DOING THIS FOR FUN SO IT WON'T REALLY MAKE IT TO THE APP STORE (OR MAYBE IT WILL!). Sorry I wrote in capitals!:D

HD:

Attached Files:

20. donarb macrumors newbie

21. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

haha never mind!! I really like his design. But as I've said before, I'm just doing this for fun

22. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Very nice!! i prefer the first post as mockup.

23. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

They'll do it just like all the pizza chains do. You'll have to sign up for a free account and put credit card info there (or buy some prepaid credits). You can pretty much put in whatever info you want in some "other instructions" text box. It has worked pretty seamlessly for the pizza places.

As far as why you would do this, I work about a mile from a Starbucks (yes, some of us are THAT FAR from one). You put that order in before you leave the building and it's then ready when you get there. I'm not an extremely busy type, but this could save a bunch of time for people who may go there every day. It's not for everyone, but this type of thing could really be gold if it was applied to other restaurants. Imagine going to (insert expensive restaurant) and your food is ready 10 minutes after you arrive. Hullo.

This could also be extremely useful in multilingual societies. Someone who speaks Spanish types in their order and it coverts it to English for the barista. French-English would be very useful in Canada.