My Story of Terrible Luck...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byteoftheapple, Sep 14, 2012.

1. byteoftheapple macrumors newbie

Please read! So I woke up at 5 am EST to order this phone, sold out. I figure, okay, I'll go to Sprint. They wanted 125 in tax, which I didnt have for the 16GB model. School's out, I decide to spend the extra on Sprint.com to get it delivered next Friday. I'm on the bus now, and I am on the confirmation page. My iPhone says delivers 9/21, and I'm happy. It wont complete the transaction on the iPhone. UGH. I rush home, only to find that by mere seconds I missed the boat for Sprint and now everyone is out of stock, and I am without an iPhone.

FML! I am seriously extremely angry right now! I can't wait in lines because of school, so essentially I am screwed until next month. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Here is the good news.

You just saved a bunch of money.

Whatever phone you have now still works.

3. twigg macrumors member

Wait till next month then? It's only a phone at the end of the day dude. Hell, you might be able to find one on launch day after class if you call around.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Try stores on launch day. Last year I ordered for release day delivery, but some stores had stock and no lines.

I don't remember if they sold out in the end, but I know for a fact I walked across the street from my job for lunch release day and you could just walk in and get a 4S.

Same with New iPad. Who knows, but very well may be just as available locally release day.

6. matttye macrumors 601

So you're using an iPhone to order a new iPhone with minimal changes, but you're really upset you have to wait 30 whole days for your new iPhone with minimal changes to arrive?

Oh noes the world is ending :(

7. MacJones macrumors 6502

I would be upset too if I didn't get one pre-orded in time but this is relevant.

Attached Files:

8. scottick macrumors newbie

scottick

9. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

All of this for the iPhone 5???

it ain't worth it miss Celie, it ain't worth it.

10. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

This: I pre-ordered an iPhone 4S last year then my wife "accidentally" broke her Android phone on launch day morning. I walked into the Verizon store well after opening (I think it was around 11:00) and asked if they had an iPhone 4 (assuming they didn't have anymore 4S's) and the guy asked if I wanted a 4S instead and what color and what size. They had them all still. My wife actually got her iPhone 4S about 7 hours before I got mine since I had to schlep down to the UPS depot later that evening since I missed my delivery.

I still ended up pre-ordering the iPhone 5 simply because I hate crowds and would rather do without having to go to Verizon (or the Apple store) on launch day if at all possible.

11. rak007 macrumors 6502a

As someone else said above....First world problems.

12. lwapps macrumors regular

lwapps

Your first world problems are absolutely astounding :eek::eek::eek:

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Just order now and have it come in a couple weeks. Spend those couple weeks reading about everyone else complain about dust, loose buttons, and yellow screens. Unless that was what you were planning on doing when you received it.. :p

14. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

#firstworldproblems

Never use your iPhone to pre-order another iPhone. #classicblunders

Also: Never start a land war in Asia.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just order it online and wait for it to come. If it takes a couple of weeks no big deal. Move on with your life and the time will pass before you know it.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

17. astral125 macrumors 6502

Why would your first words of the post ask us to read the post? Also, most of us didn't have the equivalent of iPhone 5 tech while we were in (what sounds like) high school, so you wont get much sympathy from us that you can't get the phone the day it comes out.

18. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I want to talk about buying the movie rights to your story. Its like Schindler's List only worse.

19. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Your fault for being lazy.... Should have woken up at 3am like many people did. I set an alarm for 2:50 woke up, ordered.... and by 3:20 I was back in bed. And then I woke at my regular 7am for work.

20. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

21. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Damn that sucks! Want a tissue?

22. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

23. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I woke up at 2:45 am and am getting mine next Friday. Slacker.

How WILL you survive?

Think of it this way: you have a working phone in your hands right now. And you'll get a new one eventually. Be thankful; not everyone can be as fortunate as you are, that your angst over a phone is the biggest problem you have.

If it's any consolation, I had to go a week without any phone, of any kind, when my 3GS was stolen a week before the 4 launched. I made it through and I actually kinda think I'm a better person for it, even if at the end of the day, it was a pretty trivial problem to have.