Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byteoftheapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Please read! So I woke up at 5 am EST to order this phone, sold out. I figure, okay, I'll go to Sprint. They wanted 125 in tax, which I didnt have for the 16GB model. School's out, I decide to spend the extra on Sprint.com to get it delivered next Friday. I'm on the bus now, and I am on the confirmation page. My iPhone says delivers 9/21, and I'm happy. It wont complete the transaction on the iPhone. UGH. I rush home, only to find that by mere seconds I missed the boat for Sprint and now everyone is out of stock, and I am without an iPhone.

FML! I am seriously extremely angry right now! I can't wait in lines because of school, so essentially I am screwed until next month. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Here is the good news.

You just saved a bunch of money.

Whatever phone you have now still works.

twigg

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Wait till next month then? It's only a phone at the end of the day dude. Hell, you might be able to find one on launch day after class if you call around.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Try stores on launch day. Last year I ordered for release day delivery, but some stores had stock and no lines.

I don't remember if they sold out in the end, but I know for a fact I walked across the street from my job for lunch release day and you could just walk in and get a 4S.

Same with New iPad. Who knows, but very well may be just as available locally release day.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
So you're using an iPhone to order a new iPhone with minimal changes, but you're really upset you have to wait 30 whole days for your new iPhone with minimal changes to arrive?

Oh noes the world is ending :(

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I would be upset too if I didn't get one pre-orded in time but this is relevant.

Attachments

• 303957_3992400525631_1375265990_n.jpg
    303957_3992400525631_1375265990_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 151

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Try stores on launch day. Last year I ordered for release day delivery, but some stores had stock and no lines.

I don't remember if they sold out in the end, but I know for a fact I walked across the street from my job for lunch release day and you could just walk in and get a 4S.

Same with New iPad. Who knows, but very well may be just as available locally release day.

This: I pre-ordered an iPhone 4S last year then my wife "accidentally" broke her Android phone on launch day morning. I walked into the Verizon store well after opening (I think it was around 11:00) and asked if they had an iPhone 4 (assuming they didn't have anymore 4S's) and the guy asked if I wanted a 4S instead and what color and what size. They had them all still. My wife actually got her iPhone 4S about 7 hours before I got mine since I had to schlep down to the UPS depot later that evening since I missed my delivery.

I still ended up pre-ordering the iPhone 5 simply because I hate crowds and would rather do without having to go to Verizon (or the Apple store) on launch day if at all possible.

lwapps

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
Please read! So I woke up at 5 am EST to order this phone, sold out. I figure, okay, I'll go to Sprint. They wanted 125 in tax, which I didnt have for the 16GB model. School's out, I decide to spend the extra on Sprint.com to get it delivered next Friday. I'm on the bus now, and I am on the confirmation page. My iPhone says delivers 9/21, and I'm happy. It wont complete the transaction on the iPhone. UGH. I rush home, only to find that by mere seconds I missed the boat for Sprint and now everyone is out of stock, and I am without an iPhone.

FML! I am seriously extremely angry right now! I can't wait in lines because of school, so essentially I am screwed until next month. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your first world problems are absolutely astounding :eek::eek::eek:

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Just order now and have it come in a couple weeks. Spend those couple weeks reading about everyone else complain about dust, loose buttons, and yellow screens. Unless that was what you were planning on doing when you received it.. :p

ATaleOfFiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
#firstworldproblems

Never use your iPhone to pre-order another iPhone. #classicblunders

Also: Never start a land war in Asia.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Just order it online and wait for it to come. If it takes a couple of weeks no big deal. Move on with your life and the time will pass before you know it.

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Why would your first words of the post ask us to read the post? Also, most of us didn't have the equivalent of iPhone 5 tech while we were in (what sounds like) high school, so you wont get much sympathy from us that you can't get the phone the day it comes out.

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010

I want to talk about buying the movie rights to your story. Its like Schindler's List only worse.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008

Your fault for being lazy.... Should have woken up at 3am like many people did. I set an alarm for 2:50 woke up, ordered.... and by 3:20 I was back in bed. And then I woke at my regular 7am for work.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Damn that sucks! Want a tissue?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Please read! So I woke up at 5 am EST to order this phone, sold out.

I woke up at 2:45 am and am getting mine next Friday. Slacker.

I rush home, only to find that by mere seconds I missed the boat for Sprint and now everyone is out of stock, and I am without an iPhone.

How WILL you survive?

Think of it this way: you have a working phone in your hands right now. And you'll get a new one eventually. Be thankful; not everyone can be as fortunate as you are, that your angst over a phone is the biggest problem you have.

If it's any consolation, I had to go a week without any phone, of any kind, when my 3GS was stolen a week before the 4 launched. I made it through and I actually kinda think I'm a better person for it, even if at the end of the day, it was a pretty trivial problem to have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.