My take on iPhone/Smartphones (welcome to the real world)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnbro, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ijohnbro macrumors regular

I think the iPhone was pretty much on top since late last year. Now that the Android makers are more involved with smartphones than ever they are improving greatly. Samsung is doing something magical over there and make the best Smartphones. If you look at the processors they produce and screen technology it's pretty much a no brainer. The Samsung Nexus will be the phone that hangs with the iPhone 5, anymore Samsung seems to be a phone ahead of Apple. We are comparing Samsungs older technology to Apples current I mean damn. By next year Samsung will be unstoppable and hopefully Apple can try to stop them by taking them to court to have these Superior devices banned and not shipped. They scare the hell out of Apple and I don't blame them. Apple says in the meantime " Samsung can you continue to produce our A5 processors" Samsung agree! And then Apple asks " Can we get Amoled screens in our IPads" Samsung says " nope we can only keep up with our own devices in production"

Htc has some tricks up it's sleeve as well....Ban em too :)

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Samsung makes great phones and Apple makes great phones. Nuff said

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't know what's with the preoccupation with specs and all that. Apple was never made popular by boasting about specs and having the fastest of this or the most of that.

Most apple users are happy with the device they have and go on with their lives and don't have to troll Engadget articles about how the flavor-of-the-month android is better than the iPhone.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

There have always been faster and cheaper PC's available, but over the past 20 odd years I've always chosen to go with an Apple product instead.

Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and every other company out there could have better specs, but those are only numbers. The real test is in the user experience and, in my opinion, that's something that nobody has been able to beat Apple on yet... on any product.

5. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

And the fact that iPhones perform just as well or even better than Android phones shows at how good of a job Apple does with hardware/software integration, despite iPhones not having the latest and greatest technology.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Are these people so bored they've nothing better to do than post on iOS forums to bait people?

Anyone got any good hobby site links to post, maybe give them something better to do?

7. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

would those phones be the Samsung Galaxy S2 ? HTC Thunderbolt? HTC EVO 3D? They do knock the tar out of iPhone 4. What's wrong with reviewing the truth? This time around with iPhone 4s everyone is honest, it got the best benchmark scores and it's very fast. It's as fast as a Galaxy S2 with it's flash turned on, turn off the flash then a different story. The Galaxy S2 is how old now? The first unlocked S2 came like a 9 months ago didn't it? or maybe even longer.

8. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

I'll be interested to see Samsung's response once Google starts to ship its own Android phones from the Motorola division.

9. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure they will work together

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Your post proves my point very well, thank you.