My Top 3 Apple TV Channels/Activities Are….

MeeMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
My Top 3 Apple TV Channels/Activities Currently Are….

1. Airplay my iPad

2. YouTube Channel

3. Radio Channel

How about your top 3 ATV channels/activities?

:apple:

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
1. Airplay from iPad/iPhone
2. podcasts ( video)
3. iTunes movie rentals

I have a jailbroken Appletv2, but still use the typical Appletv features more often than the jailbreak stuff.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
1. Crunchyroll (I apparently refuse to grow up)
2. HuluPlus
3. Youtube

HBOgo and Netflix is pretty close to #3 but they are not updated often enough. Also Airplaying Pandora is probably my #1 but its more for background noise while I'm doing other things including sleeping...

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
1) Airplay
2)
3)

Airplay is the only thing that makes ATV a must have. I prefer Roku for all other options and prefer supporting a much more open source, wide array of offerings platform. Hopefully the next generation of Chromecast will render ATV/Airplay obsolete.

escdrift

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2014
1. airplay
2. itunes rentals/movies
3. netflix

I prefer appletv over something like roku since apple puts effort into the ux/ui versus roku is like windows which has lots of options but require endless effort and overall a pain to use. apple should just add an app store to make roku obsolete.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
... versus roku is like windows which has lots of options but require endless effort and overall a pain to use.
Huh? Roku is very easy to use.

apple should just add an app store to make roku obsolete.
Until ATV allows private channels -- which will NEVER happen -- Roku will never be obsolete.

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
1. Crunchyroll
2. Youtube
3. Netflix

Playing content from my iTunes library would be pretty close to number 3 but recently I've been doing that less often.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
AirPlay
Vimeo
iTunes (library music and rental movies)
Also do quite a bit of photo stream viewing

By the way I find YouTube so slow and unreliable I rarely watch anything these days so interesting to see comments above about how popular it is

cyberdogl2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
AirPlay
Vimeo
iTunes (library music and rental movies)
Also do quite a bit of photo stream viewing

By the way I find YouTube so slow and unreliable I rarely watch anything these days so interesting to see comments above about how popular it is
what's on Vimeo? not trolling, just curious to see what's good on there

wickedpapercut

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2005
1. video podcasts
2. Airplay - mostly Amazon Prime videos
3. iTunes videos

The ATV screen is becoming cluttered with a lot of options that I'm sure I'll never watch. I hope to see an interface update in the near future so I can hide the subscription choices and the options that don't recognize DirecTV as a paid service provider. Sigh...

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
The ATV screen is becoming cluttered with a lot of options that I'm sure I'll never watch. I hope to see an interface update in the near future so I can hide the subscription choices and the options that don't recognize DirecTV as a paid service provider. Sigh...
You can hide the channels you can't use/don't want by using the show/hide options in the parental controls preferences section.
Take a look at Apples support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5490

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
what's on Vimeo? not trolling, just curious to see what's good on there
Lots of good outdoor shorts and full length films, adventure stuff, sailing, skiing, mountain biking. They've added full length paid for movies recently. I love the fact I can click watch later from my phone and get that on Vimeo link on ATV. I find YouTube pretty much unwatchable now, it's just so slow and generally low screen resolution.