My unibody looks as good as the day i got it

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morrisman1, Apr 18, 2009.

1. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

Its much better than my old white one, that aged faster than the knock knock jokes! I used to clean the white one once every month to get dirt off it from my palms and even then it came up glossy rather than the original matte. it got small scratches all over it and in general looks used and abused, even though it wasn't.

the unibody on the other hand looks just as good as the day i got it, no changes in the finish, not getting dirty. I guess they are the advantages of aluminium. I am careful not to drag it across hard surfaces so that i don't get a grain of sand or whatever make a scratch in it but it certainly doesn't scratch in normal handling.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. paolo- macrumors 6502a

I thought the same thing earlier this week, after looking at my first gen iPod nano (it's so scratched, the plastic surface looks mate). The only scratches on my macbook are underneath it. The rest looks brand new :). I'm guessing this computer will have good resale value ;) .

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

any mac has a good resale values - or atleast their owners think they do....

on craigslist you can find people with G4 Mac mini's trying to get 400 for them.... :D

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I think the unibody will have the best resale value only because it can keep it's look than the old MacBook's. You can't really scratch the aluminum and we all know the WhiteBook's can get them fairly easy.

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Agreed. They are sturdy machines aswell.

7. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

That is very great for you! I really want to get a Unibody MacBook Pro, but congrats for you! :)