My very own nice easy YouTube video downloading app!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PowerFullMac, May 12, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Now I am only 13 and this is only a AppleScript app and its one of my very first so its not the most advanced app ever but I think its cool and useful (I made this last week and I have used a lot since) so check it out and I hope you enjoy!

Please feedback on features I can add etc.

Attached Files:

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i must say, this is pretty awsome, nice work mate!!

now as long as there is no viruses on it that upload all my passwords to you, yayy! lol

ive been using the other method.
    go to activity in safari
    double click the movie
    it downloads

now its copy>paste>yew.

nice work man :)

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

4. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Sweet work PowerFullMac. :D I'd like to throw an idea your way. It's possible to download the youtube videos in the HQ MP4 format also by somehow appending "&fmt=18" to the URL. HERE is and idea what I mean. I've been using that bookmarklet in Safari and Firefox to download the MP4 versions. If your interested you might try incorporating that ability into your app. Your 13 and I'm 46 and your still far more skilled on Macs than I (switched to a Mac from WinXP last summer).

5. oli2140 macrumors 6502

it would be pretty useful if you could somehow turn this into a widget.:D

If you make it very clean (a bit like the dictionary widget, but for URLs) then you can have a part of my dashboard!

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

7. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

u should now try and port it to a objective-C app because that can help you with your programming skills
    GOOD LUCK GREAT SCRIPT

8. Highway61 macrumors regular

I give you respect and gratitude (a great deal of it) , but one can also use Safari --->Activity--->Double click on the biggest file --->flv launcher---->iSquint