My Video Review of the Speck Satin SeeThru Case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The Samurai, Jan 8, 2009.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Part 1

Part 2

Done a video review to help those who are in the process of purchasing some sort of protection. I wouldn't recommend this one in particular.

2. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I like mine, in your video you act like it adds 5 lbs to the weight of the mackbook!, You say its attracted to dust, how do know? you had it on one minute, I have had mine on since Christmas and just removed it after I watched your video and have no dust or scratches on my Macbook, it also took me less then a minute to remove my case! it does what its suppose to do, protect it from everyday scratches and scuffs. We all have our own opinions. I myself think its a very good product for the price $30-$40 depending on where you order it from. Is it the best case? Is it the worst case? Let everyone decide for themselves. :eek:

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Everyone knows speck suck, you want an Incase

4. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

Yes they make very good cases but there not even out yet!

5. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Meh, theres always one.

The product CAME with dust in it - it wouldn't just automatically stop getting dusty once the case 'felt' a Macbook was wrapped up in it. I make it absolutely clear in my videos, in case you didn't notice, the issues I was having with dust and trying to remove it. Taking the casing off - mines literally did take over 10 mins and I was doing it on video at first and then stopped because it was taking too long... due to me only having a certain amount of video length/limit on YouTube I had to stop and edit the final video.

I don't have a vendetta against Speck, just giving my views on it.

Thanks.

6. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. just giving you my 2 cents:eek: