Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
I was showing my wife how cool netflix is, she is now half way through Wall-E and no signs of giving me my iPad back.

Should have bought 2, even though she INSISTED she did not want one.

The iPad is really going to catch on!

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Honestly made me laff!

Hahaha! It's true... it's going to catch in a very big way. :)

Pretty sure there are MORE Positive people for it, then Negative people against it.. ;)

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
haha, that also made me chuckle. My girlfriend is big on economics and government and said she will privatize my iPad.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Should have bought 2, even though she INSISTED she did not want one.

Ah newlyweds... :D

When she said she didn't want one, she DID NOT lie! She is perfectly content using YOURS instead. :eek:

Don't worry... you'll get the knack of it after a while and just start buying TWO of anything you think she might like and simply return the items she really doesn't take to right away.

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
Way to avoid this problem was to buy one for me and one for the wife. This is her first intro to tech and this seems like a great way for her to start!

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Way to avoid this problem was to buy one for me and one for the wife. This is her first intro to tech and this seems like a great way for her to start!

+1 I bought one 16 gb for her and me to try out now that I'm hooked I'm going next week for a 32 gb.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Now you are doomed. I assume you didn't get the 64 GB model? Well, if she finds someone who has she's gonna divorce you. And if you did, she's going to divorce with you within a month for the 3G model.

And oh, for the time being. Do NOT, I repeat NOT, try to get your iPad back. She might even divorce with you and claim the iPad as her property. No one knows why she would do this, but than again: no one knows how the mind of a woman works.

danlovaj

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
Funny.. At first my wife thought it was a waste of money because it is just a big iPhone. But when I showed her ABC's app, iBooks, iPhoto, movies, etc all the cool stuff, then she started to come around. Now she likes it. I have a feeling my mother-in-law will too....:)

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I have a 3G iPad on order........

I went out this afternoon to go to BB and Apple to check out things. Before I left I explicitly asked my wife and our dog if either wanted one so I'd have an excuse to get one so I'd have a toy before 3G arrives. They both said know (actually my wife said no and the dog nodded no.....I think somebody prepped the dog to do this!)

Now when my 3G comes, everyone else in the house who isn't me will probably want to play. My wife said I'll just use yours if it's ever not in your hands............so that's the key, keeping the iPad busy!!!!!!

funkmunky

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
Chicago
My wife promises that she doesn't want one, but we all know how that goes.

Oh and just for the record, my wifi stops at the bathroom and picks back up in my closet........ But I too have wifi in my kitchen.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
My wife has been giving me a hard time all week about ordering one. She was calling me Phil (reference to modern family) and asking if I am going to say "I love you" to my iPad.

Now she understands.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
is everything!
My wife tried to steal mine after she's been telling me it was a worthless gadget for the last 2 weeks.

Then i told her to make me dinner then locked her in the basement.

(I just showed her this and she punched me in the cash & prizes):eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.