My wishlists for the next iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TouchID, Sep 20, 2013.

1. TouchID, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

TouchID macrumors newbie

I'm starting to save up for the next-gen iPhone. I'm currently holding on to my iPhone 4S still. The TouchID, better rear camera in low-lighting, and 64-bit A7 chip are definitely great improvements. But I need to get more than those before willing to upgrade, here are more things that I hope to be added onto the iPhone 6 next year...
    1. Larger screen (4.5"~5")
    2. Better front camera for self-portrait
    3. Waterproof & shockproof
    4. Thinner bezels
    5. Earphone slot to be moved to top for improved built-in speaker performance
    6. Black-gold iPhone color option
    7. Even bigger battery to compensate for the larger screen

2. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

"Oh good God, already?"

Had to be first to throw that out... but good suggestions other than the black-gold thing.

3. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

lol

4. MacFriedRice macrumors member

1. I want a larger screen
    2. I want a better rear camera
    3. Would love this
    4-6. Sure, why not
    7. Definitely

I couldn't get hyped for the 5S model. I'll wait.

5. TouchID thread starter macrumors newbie

Lets start saving together then

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I pity the fool who wants black-gold. This ain't the A-Team.

7. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Why? It was stupid having it at the top, that's why it was moved to the bottom with the iPhone 5.

8. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I expect and iPad Mini inspired design in the 4.5" range. That is what I hope for anyway! :) And hopefully that gives them enough space inside for 128 gig and blow your mind battery capacity.

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Bigger screen! That's it. So many homers going from 5 to 5S.

10. TouchID thread starter macrumors newbie

128gb sounds nice on paper... But what are you gonna use the space for? Not worth the additional $300 imo. 16gb is plenty now... I don't save that many songs anymore because there's iTunes Radio

----------

So we can have a better speaker optimizing the entire bottom space of the device

11. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

"What are you gonna use it for" can be applied to all items on your wishlist. Just because somebody has some other wish, does not make it useless, 128GB is important and no one is going to force you to buy it, it'll be even better for you, cause it'll most likely push down the high capacity into a lower price segment.

As for my wishes. They are:

A real breakthrough in the camera department, something amazing.
    2GB RAM
    128GB storage, again I don't need 128GB, but I hope it'll push 32GB down in price.
    USB 3.0
    H.265 Hardware Decoding
    aptX BT

12. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I'd like to see the 128 gig option. Not sure I'd get it. I am using just over 1/2 of my 64 right now. I have a ton more music I could put on it, music videos and movies. Depending on your use, you could easily see wanting 128 gig. Mostly my hope would be that the new structure would be 32/64/128 at the same pricing. I doubt it though.

13. portishead macrumors 65816

A better camera (keep improving the camera)
    larger screen ~4.5" or so
    smaller bezel

Can't think of much else, the 5S already does most of what I need really. I just don't like the small keyboard.

14. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

1- Same screen size

2- 128 GB storage at current 64 GB price point

3- continued improvements on front and rear facing cameras

4- split the difference between flat iOS 7 and iOS 6, more attractive icons

5- better battery, I'm talking something that would last a week between charges.

15. carltabet macrumors member

1- Yes current 4 inch screen size is ideal, I would never buy a phone that feels too big in my hand or my pocket, and one handed use is a must

2- Would be about time the high-end becomes 128 GB

3- Especially low light performance and noise reduction

4- I have yet to try iOS 7 to give my view on the new icons but an OS revamp was really needed

5- DEFINITELY. With so many billions of dollars available, you'd expect them to come up with a groundbreaking battery life. I mean if Apple doesn't do it, who will? It's something they have to do, focus more on basic improvements instead of adding non essential features.

6- Wireless charging maybe? Without the need for a special skin/cover. Just put your iPhone on the charging surface and there you go, charging up. Here again there is room for a little revolution, charging your phone within minutes...

7- I guess NFC, would work great with TouchID

16. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

so which iphone will meet the size of the ipad mini? lmao

17. nutmac macrumors 68040

1. Larger screen, yes. I would like two screen targets, 5" (1440x810) for flagship iPhone and 4" (1138x640) for iPhone c, both with 326 pixels per inch.

2. Dual 8 MP cameras would be nice, but I think 720p for the front is fine.

3. There are already several fine waterproof cases available, such as Incipio's Atlas.

My new additions.

1. Eliminate tiny black border around the display.

2. USB 3.0 support.

3. 802.11ac.

4. Optical image stabilized rear camera. And I would like the camera lens move to the top middle (vs. top right).

5. Moto X-like audio sensor that activates Siri.

6. Case that looks like it was designed to be part of iPhone.

7. Mobile payment (probably more of a software feature than hardware).

18. Lazrhog macrumors regular

1. 802.11ac
    2. FM Radio
    3. Free iCloud space to always accommodate iPhone backup
    4. Better Camera (Night Vision)
    5. Possibly 2 cameras for 3d filming in landscape (one at top/bottom)
    6. Wireless charging
    7. 3d kinect-style front facing sensor :)

19. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

Allow me to add to the list:

8: Non-sticky home button
    9: Thermal camera
    10. Satellite radio with free subscription
    11. Free app that turns silver iPhone into gold iPhone
    12. Virus-free
    13. Free app that automatically sells my old iPhone on Craigslist for top-dollar
    14. A correct gyro... this 4 degrees off on my iPhone 5s is seriously damaging my life
    15. Free home delivery to my front door on launch day

20. TouchID thread starter macrumors newbie

Seriously, iPhone 5S is such a boring update without the bigger screen. Buying the 5S won't feel like buying a new phone..

21. musukosan macrumors regular

You started the thread by saying it had "great improvements", but now they are boring? :confused:

22. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

23. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

My wishlist:

1. Either a bigger screen (4.5-4.7") with minimal change in handset size, or keep the current 4" but eliminate the borders and shrink the overall size.

2a. A8 processor - slightly faster than the A7, however the main feature is that is draws significantly less power.

2b. M7 or M8 - not sure what could be improved here, may be the case of an A8 coupled with an M7.

3. Battery life - I'd like to see a 30-50% improvement in battery life. Would be an absolutely great feature.

4. 802.11ac WiFi to be compatible with the new Airport base stations.

5. New design - we've had the '4' style for a while now. Of course, don't change for change's sake, but I think they could design the phone a little differently - maybe only one glass panel to make it look a bit more 'seamless'.

6. 10 Mpx camera - megapixels don't always make better photos, but would be nice to have a higher resolution to make cropping easier.

7. Emphasis on the slow motion camera mode. Being able to record at 300 fps at either SD/720p and 120fps at 1080p.

8. Front camera to be able to record at 1080p.

9. 2GB of RAM. Definitely makes a difference - coming from a 512MB iPad 2 to a 1GB iPhone 5 is heaven. Safari can load more tabs and more apps can be stored in the memory.

10. 32GB and 64GB configurations at the current 16/32 price points.

If they did all that, it would blow me away. Some were probably me getting a little carried away (300fps recording and 50% better battery life!), but I think the rest is feasible.

24. 1981d macrumors regular

My wish list is that the 6 won't come out for two years, so my 5s stays fresh and new until I'm upgrade eligible. Also, that will allow enough time for backordered 9/20 gold iphones to be delivered#. Nah, jk, I'm sure they'll get them someday.

25. Princejb134 macrumors member

I really don't see the big deal if having a bigger screen
    I came from a nexus 4 to a iphone 5s
    Not only were their many task I had to use two hands to hold the phone properly, battery life is also reduced to compensate the bigger screen. Prefer a more mobile phone than having something so big in my pocket