MyAngel - Now available in App Store: $0.99 (Special Offer: Free until 30th June)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Phil A., Jun 7, 2009.

1. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'm pleased to announce the release of our first App Store Application - [app]MyAngel[/app]

From our support site

If you don’t have a Guardian Angel, you need MyAngel for the iPhone and iPod touch. A single press of the large, attractive buttons is all that is required to send an Email alert to a person of your choice. The alert could be as simple as saying "I'm here, don’t worry" (useful for parents with Teenagers who don’t want to phone home), to summoning help in a potentially life-threatening situation.

[​IMG]

I've also posted 10 promotional codes in the App Codes subforum - if you have access to the US App store, feel free to grab one and try it out!

Feedback, etc is most welcome and I'd like to thank the community at iBetatest.com for their invaluable help in beta testing this application

2. Phil A. thread starter Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Just to let everyone know that we've decided to give MyAngel away for 3 days to boost takeup prior to the new version which is coming shortly. This new version will include push notifications and will be free for all users (including those who download it whilst it's free)
    Grab it now and please let me know what you think - suggestions, comments and criticisms are all welcome :)

3. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Interesting concept.

So if I send an alert, is it to another person running the app?

If not, I am not sure what the push notifications will be for?

Thanks in advance..

4. Phil A. thread starter Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Currently, it sends an e-mail alert to someone of your choosing.
    The push notifications will be two part: The first is you can choose to send a push to another user (or users) who has the app as well as or instead of the e-mail alert. When the receiver views this notification, it will open up a map view with the person's location highlighted.

The second part is someone can send a push to you asking you to respond (sort of "Are You OK?"). Viewing the notification will open the App up allowing you to respond.

Hope this clarifies things a bit

5. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

this app is actually quite good -- thanks for the free limited time promotion :cool: