myAT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ravenvii, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It was updated today.

Holy ****.

The app went from fairly decent to holy-****-this-is-****.

I mean, holy ****. The only possibility I could think of is that they set out to strive to make a app that is a steaming pile of ****. If that's the case, they were wildly successful.

Un-****ing-believable.

I know AT&T is generally a crappy and shady company. I'd think they'd be lazy and let the fairly-decent app languish. But nope, they actually set out to PAY developers to RE-DO the app and make it as crappy as they could without sacrificing key features.

Bravo to those developers I say. Mission accomplished. On AT&T's dime, too. Bravo.

Holy Mother of God.

2. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

Dude it's an app, chill out. I just checked it out and it looks fine to me

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I can see the vein in your forehead throbbing from here....who cares? I login to that app once a month for like 10 seconds to pay my bill.....lol I don't care what it looks like.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The app went from fairly decent to holy-god-this-is-amazing.

Since you declined to give us any kind of specifics in your post, I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is what you were trying to say.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I like the fact that they moved bill-paying and the data-usage bar right up to the front screen. Let's face it, that's what I'm looking for 99% of the time, so they changed it from an app where I had to touch buttons to one that shows me what I need right away. I agree, that is an improvement.

Since I do so little else with the app I really can't comment on what they changed past that opening screen.

5. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Why should I chill? This is an incredible work by those developers that should be celebrated and praised. I mean they must have pulled all-nighters for weeks striving to make the app just that bit ********.

This is just a crappy app shoved into a UIView. Not even the sidebar is native. (Try opening it, then closing it).

Like I said, as crappy as it can be while keeping key features. I'm not deleting the app because a) of course this level of sheer **** needs to be celebrated and demonstrated to others of how not to do it, and b) because it is still useful for checking data usage and paying bills.

Praise be the developers at AT&T!

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

$*%(@)*#()*%()#*()%#*(%*#%*(%#*

see I can do it too!

and yeah, the app sucks. Even on Android. Come on AT&T

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I find the app very useful. I like it the way it is now.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Oh, calm the hell down. The app reviews for download are stating that something is broken and if you'll wait a day or two it'll likely be fixed. It's not as if you were billed for buying a broken app.

Lesson: Read the reviews before blindly updating an app on the first day that it's released. The update to Find My iPhone was also broken earlier today but is reportedly now working properly.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Threads like this are generally for amusement purposes only, but guess what? I did check out the app on iTunes and holy mother of god, the negative reviews for today's latest update speaks volumes in declaring the OP's sentiment.

For that reason I owe the OP a moment of silence in deference to an apology.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

App looks fine to me. Clean and simple to use.

11. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

I like the redesign and use it to pay my bill all the time, no issues whatsoever for me

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Checked my uverse account with it a few minutes ago. Don't see what the problem is.

13. madsci954 macrumors 68030

In the OP's defense, look at the reviews for the latest update, nearly all 1-star. I don't have AT&T and never used the app, so I can't personally judge. Although I do wonder why the OP came here to vent and not AT&T's forums.

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, you should probably get a refund for that. Oh, it didn't cost anything? Then you get what you pay for.

15. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's basically a mobile verision of their web site when you log into your account. It tells me the information I need/want to know as soon as I log in. There isn't much to complain about.