MyFord® Mobile not for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PracticalMac, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Can't find it in App store, and see no example on internet of it being used on iPhone (in fact, all is on a Windowz 7 phone).

2. SandboxGeneral, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

The Ford Sync® is built on Microsoft Windows so don't look for too much integration for Apple devices.

But look at this PDF from Ford's Sync® website for phone compatibility. There are 3 other versions of Sync®, so check out the Ford website to find your version and read the appropriate PDF.

The only apps I can find in iTunes for Ford Sync® are:

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I want to say ford sync is going to be coming to Android before iOS as well.

4. PracticalMac, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Yes, I noticed mention of Android and BlackBerry versions too. Funny is the articles from January 2011 (14 months ago!!!) mention all three, and W7 Phone as an after thought!

Obviously, MS has Ford by the balls.

I saw SYNC in use, and I was completely disappointing by its lackluster performance. It did its command, eventually, but I have zero faith in it.
    IMHO, Ford made a horrible mistake to use Microsoft for this instead of an in house design they have complete control over, and now I hear the early adopters of the system will not get the promised upgrade.

Ford lost favor with me (my first car was old '77 T-Bird, and loved it)

Edit:
    SG, thanks for the links, that was not the info I was looking for. I was wanting the app to control car remotely. The linked item was more to play sounds and make calls though a cell phone.

5. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Yes, its obvious, MickeyShaft is taking advantage of Ford to sell Win 7 phones, ignoring the 99.9% of other smart phone users (I am only talking about the remote and status ability, not just the simple phone-though-soundsystem).

If I was Ford CEO, I would dump that piece of crap SYNC like the turd it is.