Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yimminy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
I have a chest-belt style heart rate monitor that I wear for workouts because I like the app's features and because I can't wear my Apple Watch during kettlebell workouts because I might smash the face. The belt does sync with Apple Health. But I often go on 3-5 mile brisk walks as a workout and when I do I wear the belt monitor as well as start an Outdoor Walk workout on the watch. I do both because I want to use the watch to get the map and see the actual miles.

However when I do that I keep finding that an extra exercise minutes appear at midnight that morning when I was definitely asleep and I can't figure out why or how to get rid of it. Also the exercise minutes are double or more of what I actually did during my workout in the morning. Another strange thing is that the move graph shows no data for that nonexistent midnight workout. It seems to only add data to the exercise and stand rings, but not move.

Anyone know why this might be happening and how I can fix it?

Some info that might help:

- I do wear the watch to bed, but I don't think that's causing it. I don't sleepwalk (or sleep-workout lol), and I don't believe that extra exercise minutes are appearing until after I've had my actual morning workout with both devices, but I'll have to confirm that tomorrow.

- Both workouts are listed in the Activity App for the day at the bottom, and when I click on each, they both show the correct time, in this case 7:53am - 8:55am, so it's not like one of them is recorded at the wrong time there.

- Apple Health also shows those midnight exercise minutes. When I look at "all data" for workouts, I see no midnight workouts. But when I look at Exercise Minutes, it does show that doubled total on the days I used both devices. On a day that I am just using the belt or just using the watch, I don't get this. It's only when I'm wearing and using both. I usually only use both when I go on walks.

- In Apple Health I have the belt listed as the priority for heart rate info.

Also, if anyone knows how I can erase the erroneous data, so it doesn't affect my records, that would be great. I already got an award that I didn't earn because of this.

Attachments

• IMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_6348.PNG
    IMG_6348.PNG
    456.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6349.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6347.PNG
    IMG_6347.PNG
    603.9 KB · Views: 165

fieryjack

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2020
Martha's Vineyard
I have a chest-belt style heart rate monitor that I wear for workouts because I like the app's features and because I can't wear my Apple Watch during kettlebell workouts because I might smash the face. The belt does sync with Apple Health. But I often go on 3-5 mile brisk walks as a workout and when I do I wear the belt monitor as well as start an Outdoor Walk workout on the watch. I do both because I want to use the watch to get the map and see the actual miles.

However when I do that I keep finding that an extra exercise minutes appear at midnight that morning when I was definitely asleep and I can't figure out why or how to get rid of it. Also the exercise minutes are double or more of what I actually did during my workout in the morning. Another strange thing is that the move graph shows no data for that nonexistent midnight workout. It seems to only add data to the exercise and stand rings, but not move.

Anyone know why this might be happening and how I can fix it?

Some info that might help:

- I do wear the watch to bed, but I don't think that's causing it. I don't sleepwalk (or sleep-workout lol), and I don't believe that extra exercise minutes are appearing until after I've had my actual morning workout with both devices, but I'll have to confirm that tomorrow.

- Both workouts are listed in the Activity App for the day at the bottom, and when I click on each, they both show the correct time, in this case 7:53am - 8:55am, so it's not like one of them is recorded at the wrong time there.

- Apple Health also shows those midnight exercise minutes. When I look at "all data" for workouts, I see no midnight workouts. But when I look at Exercise Minutes, it does show that doubled total on the days I used both devices. On a day that I am just using the belt or just using the watch, I don't get this. It's only when I'm wearing and using both. I usually only use both when I go on walks.

- In Apple Health I have the belt listed as the priority for heart rate info.

Also, if anyone knows how I can erase the erroneous data, so it doesn't affect my records, that would be great. I already got an award that I didn't earn because of this.
Open Apple Health:

click on browse
click on activity
click on workouts
click on show all data
find the workout that is incorrect (write down or remember the start time - it
is shown on this page)
swipe left and a delete option will show
click delete

And in the Activity app on the phone;
Tap on the workout tab at the bottom
Swipe left on the workout you want to remove and tap delete.

yimminy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Open Apple Health:

click on browse
click on activity
click on workouts
click on show all data
find the workout that is incorrect (write down or remember the start time - it
is shown on this page)
swipe left and a delete option will show
click delete

And in the Activity app on the phone;
Tap on the workout tab at the bottom
Swipe left on the workout you want to remove and tap delete.

Thanks.

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
Off topic - but great for CF / kettlebells. I've even been known to wear it on my ankle under my socks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.