Mystery albums appearing in Photos app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alchemiry, Oct 6, 2014.

1. alchemiry macrumors newbie

Ok. Can someone tell me if I should be worried about this?

While sorting/deleting some photos on my iphone 5s the other day I noticed these weird albums in my photos app. I've never created them (I've never created ANY extra folders for my photos actually). I have no idea what they relate to and there is 0 photos in the folders. Nothing else seems odd, but I still have no idea where these folders have come from?! I'm just a bit worried because they look very spammy and it's just making me wonder what other things have been accessed/altered without my permission?

I changed my password about 3 days ago so I doubt I could have been hacked. I've changed it again this morning just to make sure. Could a rogue app be doing this? I've attached a screenshot. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Contact Apple on this one, seriously. Do you have the 2 step login activated? If not, do that and reset again and also have apple check it out. This could be an important thing that needs to be reviewed.

3. alchemiry thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Trebuin. I've just set up 2-step verification and reset like you said. The folders are still there. I assume they will be until I delete them, which I don't really want to do until I can verify what they are and why they are there. I'm waiting on a call back from Apple so will see what they have to say. I'll let you know.

4. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I doubt it was hacked, but they should check just in case as well as check if there's a bug. Good job leaving the folders for now.

5. Ravenis macrumors member

honestly that looks like maybe pocket edit was tapped and randomly created new albums

6. alchemiry thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually hadn't thought of that possibility Ravenis and it does seem likely. I usually have my screen/keypad set to lock pretty quickly if there's no action happening though. If it does turn out to be that I'll feel pretty dumb haha.