Mystery Functions in Podcasts and Icloud photo (Apple TV)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by NickTuesday, Feb 10, 2014.

1. NickTuesday macrumors member

Can someone explain the following:

1. In Icloud photo there appears to be a magnifying glass with a down arrow in the bottom right hand corner what is this?

2. In podcasts there is a "show hidden episodes" function that seemingly does nothing. When I switch it to yes nothing happens and when I exit and re-enter the podcast page it switches back to no.

Also did Apple ever fix Itunes sorting. I know for podcasts it was broken for a while. I have over a hunderd podcasts that I have sorted manually and am afraid if I use this function it will mess the time consuming manual sorting I have done.

Thanks to all for any information about these issues in advance.

2. priitv8 macrumors 68020

1) Click down on remote. You can see author's picture caption and the likemeter there. By pressing the center (OK) button, you can add your own like to the mix.

3. NickTuesday thread starter macrumors member

Oh, this has something to do with sharing I imagine? Never used that maybe that's why it was a mystery to me.

My use is limited to seeing an interesting photo while surfing and capturing it to view later.

Thanks for the information, one mystery solved.

Much appreciated.

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Yep, in (iCloud) Photostream. It's a really nice feature, esp if some of your family or friends is far away, you can see their pictures taken with iPhone/iPad as soon as they enter Wi-Fi range and share their pictures. Really handy and with minimal setup required.