Mystery gig of audio on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Philalbe, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Philalbe macrumors 6502

Hi. This may seem trivial, but I'm trying to make the most out of the space on my iphone 4 (16GB), and I've noticed about 1GB of audio that can't be accounted for. When I click on music under my iphone in iTunes, it says there is 10.80GB, but when I click on the iPhone icon (in iTunes) it says 11.68GB of audio, and that's after removing my audiobooks and voice memos? I don't think it's associated with any apps. My only music apps are pandora and shazam. Anyone else experience this or know what it could be? I was thinking album covers but, that would be a lot of space for digital album art?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've noticed mine says the same thing but I never bothered to look into it, now I'm curious as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Wow, that is weird. We both have roughly the same amount of "mystery audio". Wish I could free it up...lol. Since 16GB is really only 14GB, then minus that mystery gig, that's only about 13 gigs to work with. Guess I should have shelled out the extra hundred for the 32Gb model:D

4. Appdict macrumors regular

Might be the sounds found in iOS. (Ringtones, app sounds)