Mystery Machines Showing Up In Finder SiderBar

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by CNU182, Oct 3, 2014.

1. CNU182 macrumors regular

Hi folks! :)

I currently have a weird issue where multiple "shared" computers are showing up in the finder sidebar, but I know for a fact that the machines don't exist on my network.

I do have 2 macbook airs (running the 10.10 GM) and 1 mac mini (running 10.9.5) on my network, but not all the additional airs (pictured)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ut8qw6p22lurli/Screenshot 2014-10-03 14.09.08.png?dl=0

Any thoughts/tips are appreciated.

Best

Ryan

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah thery're all the same Macbook air, there's a known bug in Yosemite since DP 7 that duplicates the computer name. I have the same problem, and it looks like Apple hasn't fixed it in GM either.

Oh and I suggest you report the problem to Apple too, they might need more configuration reports from people.

3. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up!

4. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

I've updated all of my macs to the app store version of 10.10 but am still having this issue. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

5. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I had the same issue. It appears as though they go away after you sync with Time Machine. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it seems to have worked for me. I couldn't connect to them. After my backup, they're gone.

6. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

Fascinating. While time machine wasn't turned on, it was still seeing a network disk it was previously backing up to. I thought by removing it (because it no longer exists anyways), and rebooting might fix it but no luck. Maybe I should try backing it up to a network share again? idk

7. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

not sure. maybe it's related to local saved back ups, too.

all i know is that after I backed up to TM, those others disappeared from finder.

8. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

Rebooted airport extreme and modem. Problem solved :)