MyWi 4.0 says im currently draining -124A thats with only MyWi 4.0 open!!

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hi All,

To all those who have "same battery draining" as pre jailbreak, can you please close all apps except MyWi 4.0 and read your battery draining for me? Mine is -124A with only MyWI 4.0 open. And my battery is draining quite fast. My brightness is roughly at 50%.

Note thats when opening the MyWI 4.0 app and waiting for a little. When you go out of the app and come back, it will show a number that still didn't take into effect the MyWi app being opened. That number for me is between -25-35A

Thanks
AE

GunBlazerX

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Thats really low isnt it? Mine pretty much always shows -120A and I haven't seen it go lower. (goes up to -400's when I have mywi enabled)

marcoVU

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Do you have it broadcasting with no devices attached or just the program open?

Just open, it fluctuates between: -126A / -82A / -220A
Broadcasting with no one connecting fluctuates between: -309A / -287A / -198A

I have the In Use Indicator set to Status Bar Icon. My brightness is about 65%, push is on, notifications off and I have My3G installed.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
If you have the blue glowly thing that takes a lot of battery. Make sure it's set to the status bar.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Do you have it broadcasting with no devices attached or just the program open?

Just open, it fluctuates between: -126A / -82A / -220A
Broadcasting with no one connecting fluctuates between: -309A / -287A / -198A

I have the In Use Indicator set to Status Bar Icon. My brightness is about 65%, push is on, notifications off and I have My3G installed.
Sorry you guys are right I didn't make it clear, I have it doing nothing just the app open. NOT BROADCASTING.

So when I open the app and scroll fast enough to the part that shows draining. I see my draining in the -30's area roughly and then it updates to -124A.

I'm asking for ppl to compare because I feel like my battery drains more than most people. Its true that I play all day with my phone so its mostly usage including lately around 100mb tethering to my laptop a day. So I'm wodering, usually my battery barely last a day, with this usage style.

Thanks
AE

econoar

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2007
Dumb question...what app is allowing you guys to see these battery readings?

econoar

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2007
MYWI 4.0, its free for a couple of days as a trial.

thanks
AE
Gotcha, thanks, didn't know that was a feature. This would be a cool thing to always have up near the battery no matter where you were in the OS.

GunBlazerX

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Sorry you guys are right I didn't make it clear, I have it doing nothing just the app open. NOT BROADCASTING.

So when I open the app and scroll fast enough to the part that shows draining. I see my draining in the -30's area roughly and then it updates to -124A.

I'm asking for ppl to compare because I feel like my battery drains more than most people. Its true that I play all day with my phone so its mostly usage including lately around 100mb tethering to my laptop a day. So I'm wodering, usually my battery barely last a day, with this usage style.

Thanks
AE
Well looks like you're fine then. We are all in the neighbourhood of -120A~ when looking at the battery drain meter. Having mywi running but not broadcasting gives us a perfect reference point as we all have that exact condition.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Well looks like you're fine then. We are all in the neighbourhood of -120A~ when looking at the battery drain meter. Having mywi running but not broadcasting gives us a perfect reference point as we all have that exact condition.
Winterboard drains battery, just installed the new update and I can't go back to -30's no matter what I do. the -30's as I said before is as soon as you open mywi before it registers itself draining battery.

Thanks
AE

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
I'm 100% sure WINTERBOARD is a drainer. I was around -124A after the MyWi 4.0 setlled in and its the only app open no broadcasting. Did the same test with winterboard not open but installed, my settled time was -264A or higher.

Thanks
AE

GunBlazerX

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Yeah, that's why I said instead of doing your -30a shenanigans just look at the actual number. The drain on WB will reflect on your usual drain number thats why it is a good reference.

Glad to see that you were able to report such a dramatic drain with winterboard. Thanks.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Yeah, that's why I said instead of doing your -30a shenanigans just look at the actual number. The drain on WB will reflect on your usual drain number thats why it is a good reference.

Glad to see that you were able to report such a dramatic drain with winterboard. Thanks.
Yea After uninstalling Winterboard, the drainage goes back to -124A, thats crazy. I don't even want different themes, the only thing to make my jailbreak perfect, is lockinfo or similar.

Thanks
AE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.