MyWi 4.0 says im currently draining -124A thats with only MyWi 4.0 open!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aelalfy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi All,

To all those who have "same battery draining" as pre jailbreak, can you please close all apps except MyWi 4.0 and read your battery draining for me? Mine is -124A with only MyWI 4.0 open. And my battery is draining quite fast. My brightness is roughly at 50%.

Note thats when opening the MyWI 4.0 app and waiting for a little. When you go out of the app and come back, it will show a number that still didn't take into effect the MyWi app being opened. That number for me is between -25-35A

Thanks
    AE

2. GunBlazerX macrumors member

Thats really low isnt it? Mine pretty much always shows -120A and I haven't seen it go lower. (goes up to -400's when I have mywi enabled)

3. marcoVU macrumors newbie

Do you have it broadcasting with no devices attached or just the program open?

Just open, it fluctuates between: -126A / -82A / -220A
    Broadcasting with no one connecting fluctuates between: -309A / -287A / -198A

I have the In Use Indicator set to Status Bar Icon. My brightness is about 65%, push is on, notifications off and I have My3G installed.

4. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

If you have the blue glowly thing that takes a lot of battery. Make sure it's set to the status bar.

5. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry you guys are right I didn't make it clear, I have it doing nothing just the app open. NOT BROADCASTING.

So when I open the app and scroll fast enough to the part that shows draining. I see my draining in the -30's area roughly and then it updates to -124A.

I'm asking for ppl to compare because I feel like my battery drains more than most people. Its true that I play all day with my phone so its mostly usage including lately around 100mb tethering to my laptop a day. So I'm wodering, usually my battery barely last a day, with this usage style.

Thanks
    AE

6. econoar macrumors regular

Dumb question...what app is allowing you guys to see these battery readings?

7. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

MYWI 4.0, its free for a couple of days as a trial.

thanks
    AE

8. econoar macrumors regular

Gotcha, thanks, didn't know that was a feature. This would be a cool thing to always have up near the battery no matter where you were in the OS.

9. GunBlazerX macrumors member

Well looks like you're fine then. We are all in the neighbourhood of -120A~ when looking at the battery drain meter. Having mywi running but not broadcasting gives us a perfect reference point as we all have that exact condition.

10. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winterboard drains battery, just installed the new update and I can't go back to -30's no matter what I do. the -30's as I said before is as soon as you open mywi before it registers itself draining battery.

Thanks
    AE

11. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm 100% sure WINTERBOARD is a drainer. I was around -124A after the MyWi 4.0 setlled in and its the only app open no broadcasting. Did the same test with winterboard not open but installed, my settled time was -264A or higher.

Thanks
    AE

12. GunBlazerX macrumors member

Yeah, that's why I said instead of doing your -30a shenanigans just look at the actual number. The drain on WB will reflect on your usual drain number thats why it is a good reference.

Glad to see that you were able to report such a dramatic drain with winterboard. Thanks.

13. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea After uninstalling Winterboard, the drainage goes back to -124A, thats crazy. I don't even want different themes, the only thing to make my jailbreak perfect, is lockinfo or similar.

Thanks
    AE