mywi ondemand... new user. 4gb of data in about 2 hours?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by thewired1, Jul 7, 2011.

1. thewired1 macrumors member

Ok... Freshly jailbroken ipad2 3g. I installed mywi ondemand and tested it out for the first time. I checked my email and then shut my smartcover. About 2 hours later I came back and noticed it said 4gb of data was used on my iphone. Is this normal? I didn't think background apps would consume that much data. Aside from some games, rss readers, etc there wasn't anything odd running. Is it from my various email accounts (checking, pushing, etc)?

If this is nomaly, then it's really a pain since if I have to manually turn ondemand on/off to monitor data usage. It's probably about as convenient as manually starting a wifi connection IMHO.

Any other users care to comment?

2. Antec macrumors member

My mywi works perfectly on mine. Maybe you should try to reinstall mywi, see if that works. :)

3. h4keem macrumors member

Wow that's pretty unusual... Your best bet would be to reinstall and reset the settings on the app.. It could be a one off error... Sorry I can't be more of help.. :(

4. thewired1 thread starter macrumors member

I'll reinstall on both ends and setup again. Interestingly enough, data usage indicated on the iphone matches closely to what mywi reported (over 4gb of data).

Does anyone know of any good apps that monitor data usuage app by app? Id like to see if my rss readers are constantly looking and downloading in the background.

5. Haxoware macrumors member

6. thewired1 thread starter macrumors member

It was the bluetooth ondemand setup. Wifi wasn't activated.

7. JayHD macrumors member

This sounds insane. Are you sure you aren't missing something? It was definitely 4GB? And that definitely referred to one session?

Really, the only way to use that much data in two hours is streaming hi-res video.