N. Ireland iPhone 5 Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joesploggs, Sep 21, 2012.

1. joesploggs macrumors regular

I'm creating this thread as a breakaway from the UK iPhone 5 one as N. Ireland deliveries always seem to be a bit different from the rest of the UK.

From my experience with the new iPad back in march there was an initial panic that no deliveries would be made on the Friday. It was one delivery company (can't remember who - I'm thinking TNT) and there was a lot of misinformation when people phoned up and spoke to various staff members.

The shipment arrived at Belfast airport around 10:30am and deliveries went out about an hour later.

From what I could tell everyone received their iPad that day - I remember one person in Magherafelt receiving theirs around 9pm.

So I'm confident that we will receive our deliveries today.

My assigned carrier is SYNCREON PARCEL DELIVERY and I am BT8. I think some people are UPS?

2. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Saw the queue this morning and thought **** THAT!
    I think I will wait it out until I see how serious the scuffing problem is because I would really like that black but I also like to sell it without having problems out of my control.
    Will be interesting to see how apple address this one.

3. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

Yep, mine's UPS and it's showing as sitting in the Newtownabbey depot. A while back it was saying the expected delivery date was the 24th, but I notice that has disappeared now. Probably still won't be delivered until the 24th though.

Shame I asked for my number to be ported from Giffgaff to 3 based on Apple's original delivery date though... :-(

4. joesploggs thread starter macrumors regular

What postcode are you DarrenNI? They only used one courrier for the new iPad launch day deliveries.

5. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

6. wavazey macrumors member

I was that person in Magherafelt Joe.

Just an update that i posted on the main uk thread.

I started to panic a bit when i started hearing everything about not getting our phones till Monday so i contacted UPS. Spoke to a lovely girl there and she confirmed that both my phones are out for delivery and will be delivered before 7pm tonight.

Hope this helps to put people's mind at ease!!

7. elpikester macrumors member

UPS told me they were in transit and not at Newtownabbey yet.

8. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

Might be useful if they would bother to update their tracking info then. :)

9. elpikester macrumors member

What does your tracking status say on the UPS site?

10. joesploggs thread starter macrumors regular

Great job - hope you don't have to wait so late this time :D

11. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

Hurrah! Just checked down at the bottom of the tracking info. Turns out my phone is on the vehicle for delivery, but my AppleCare is still in transit (huh???).

:)

12. joesploggs thread starter macrumors regular

13. elpikester macrumors member

Had you been quoted the 24th for delivery? is it showing out in vehicle on the UPS website?

14. wavazey macrumors member

I know!! Just update the site!! Less people will be annoying them if they could check themselves online!!

----------

Mine last update on the website says "Newtownabbey destination scan 6.39am"

Although mines always has shown a delivery as on or before the 21st. If you click on the email apple sent you to say that it was dispatched then click track on the bottom of that second page it also says out for delivery.:D

----------

Fingers crossed!! I think i deserve an early delivery this!!

I'll not hold my breath though!! I'll just be happy to get it again today!!:D

15. snowydog macrumors 6502

I'm still waiting for a change .... Ordered mine at 8.05am (got confirmation then) ... Was told 21st ...

I'm in Belfast, BT5 ...

16. elpikester macrumors member

My email from apple also says delivery on or before 21st but UPS telling me it will be delivered on Monday? UPS website showing mine as in Newtownabbey also.

17. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

If there's a "Packages included in this shipment" section at the bottom of your UPS tracking page, open it up and you will hopefully see it as being On Vehicle For Delivery.

Although the scheduled date down there is still showing as the 24th. Impressive how it can take 3 days to go from Newtownabbey to Lisburn.

18. elpikester macrumors member

Who is delivering yours, UPS?

----------

Can you post a screen shot? Are you logged into the UPS site?

19. wavazey macrumors member

if you check the UPS website on the tracking page in the top right corner you will a last updated time there. Mine shows a time of 5.06am which means that the last time the site was updated was updated was at this time.

This was exactly the same back in March for the iPad. And i have also spoken to UPS who say it is currently out for delivery. They couldn't give me a specific time but did say that if it was a residential address it would have to be delivered before 7pm tonight!!

20. elpikester macrumors member

Ive checked the site and its showing 'in transit'

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Newtownabbey, United Kingdom 21/09/2012 6:39 Destination Scan
    21/09/2012 5:35 Arrival Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 21/09/2012 4:45 Departure Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 20/09/2012 21:31 Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 20/09/2012 21:05 Departure Scan
    20/09/2012 16:39 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 20/09/2012 8:10 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I've phoned UPS and they say it will not be delivered today as its not in Newtownabbey yet.

Strange.

21. mikey2004 macrumors regular

Queued up outside apple at 5am, got my iphone 5 about 09:20, just syncing it now. Its really light

22. wavazey macrumors member

NIce!! Enjoy!!

Was there many about?:D

23. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Mikey did they say how much stock they had?
    Looking to try them this afternoon maybe.

24. mikey2004 macrumors regular

about 3-400

----------

Didnt say but they said they had plenty for everyone, I heard someone say they had around 2500

25. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

[/COLOR]

Didnt say but they said they had plenty for everyone, I heard someone say they had around 2500[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Mikey, seems there will be enough to go around until the end of the day.