Naked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appler8, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

How many people here use their iPhone without a case? I think it looks best this way as long as you're not dumb enough to drop it constantly.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I use mine without a case. However, I wouldn't call people dumb for dropping them. Accidents happen.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of threads on this already. I use mine with a skin just to avoid scratches.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You do not need to drop it constantly, you need drop it only once. Even if you do not drop it, your iPhone will accumulate some wear and tear as does anything you carry with you on a daily basis. I have not dropped my phone in years but still use a Case Mate Barely There case to protect the back from scuffs. I do not want to be bothered with finding a napkin to lay my phone on! :p

5. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I use a case on mine as well as a screen protector. I do the same with every iDevice i own. I spent too much money on them for them to get damaged in everyday use.

6. nmork macrumors regular

100% Naked since launch, same with every iPhone I've had. Part of what I pay for is the aesthetic value, and I pay too much to cover it up with a case.

I've been careful and only had one issue - my 3GS cracked when I dropped it. My 2G, 3G, and 4 all look brand new save a few fingerprints that I can easily wipe off.

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

There's a ton of threads on this already, but I'll throw my answer in here too.

I use a Sena Ultraslim slip-on case so it stays protected in my pocket but remains naked in my hands when I use it. It's the best of both worlds.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Those ultra slim cases have stitches on inside that will leave tiny scratches on the steel.

9. zipster macrumors 6502

I've gone naked recently. Tired of using a case. The phone is too beautiful to be in a case.

I've been more careful with it, though, as a result.

10. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I'm finding that I like the iPhone without a case now. I had gotten an Incase for my iPhone 4 but ever since I got the 4S I've really been enjoying it without one.

11. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I felt the same way; however when that one moment happens where it slips off the desk due to being hidden under papers, or a careless individual bumps you on the sidewalk, you're going to have a problem.

Personally I don't want to haw a case, but I think putting one on offsets the 1.5 hour trip and payment to fix the back, or worse, the front.

Minimalist hard case here. :)

12. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Get a case!!!

I would disagree that idiots are the only ones to drop their phone. I've owned every model of iPhone since the original. I 've also kept every model in a case.

I took my iPhone 4 case off about a month ago and actual had my first drop which cracked the screen........... Long story short for any expensive purchase its wise to have some sort of protection.

13. MayBee macrumors 6502

the main reason why I bought the iPhone is because of the look....

otherwise, I would have bought a plastic Android phone :)

I go naked and paid $90 for a 2 years warranty accidental drop coverage. I don't even care if I drop it or crack or play football with it... LOL I find myself enjoying the phone more than worrying about dropping it or placing it on the table or putting it in my pocket....

After 2 years, I'll sell the phone as LIKE-NEW and recoup more than $90 back from the warranty costs :)

14. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

15. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I ordered skintomi on amazon for under 5 bucks shipped. Comes with solution too. Best deal I have seen. 1.39 and 2.95 shipping. Tax if you are in CA.

On another thread a person said he likes it better than zagg or bse. I have only used bse in the past and they Are about 10 bucks shipped.

16. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I recently started going completely naked with my iPhone and it's been great so far. It feels a lot nicer without a case and protectors and looks gorgeous. I think it's such a shame to cover the beautiful phone up, but that's my opinion. I completely understand why a lot of owners do use cases etc. (I was just like them before).

To me, the aesthetic value of the slim and beautiful design is worth the risk of it being damaged. I'm careful with the phone and I trust myself not to drop it!

17. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm planning to do a naked look, but covered with a skin to at least protect it from scratches. Front and back film, and spectra wrap on the sides.

[​IMG]

18. iJasonTATE macrumors member

iJasonTATE

19. Rychy, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

Rychy macrumors 6502

At some point I stopped caring about scratches with my 3GS and got rid of the sleeve I was using ... doubt I'll ever use one again. Feels nice holding your actual phone. AppleCare+ is going to be my 4S's case.

20. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I use an Element Case Vapor comp for my case. Well it's really a bumper made with aluminum grade. So technically semi naked. I still have screen protector and the back protector to prevent from scratches.

21. Mindy60 macrumors regular

I went naked and love the aesthetics of the iPhone 4. It is a beautiful piece of craftmanship. But it kept slipping out of my hand! One time it slipped out and I threw it against the wall by accident! Luckily there are still no scratches or problems with it. Good as new. But gosh is it pretty.

I now use the Otter hot pink case now. It has rubber on the outside and a clear plastic film on the front. Highly recommend.

22. BAZ1307 macrumors member

I do a bit of both. I use it naked in the house or when I'm at someone else's house. For being outside/at College I use a Belkin Verge Folio case, which is easily fitted as you just simply slide the phone into the case. I can then use the phone in the case without worrying about it breaking if I was to drop it.

I've never dropped any of my phones in my life though, touch wood. I know I've paid a lot of money for this phone so I know to look after it and be extremely careful. I'm always aware of where my phone is or where it's placed. :)