Naked or Covered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CAWjr, Sep 13, 2013.

?

How do you like your iPhone?

1. I love me some naked technology!

101 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. OMG! Put a cover on that, quick!

57 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I have had my iPhones naked since day one. My 3GS dabbled in a Zagg invisibleSHIELD for a while, but I eventually tore it off. My 4S tried a Desmay Slight for a while, but it eventually met its demise. Outside of those two trials, I have kept my iPhones naked. Scratches don't really bother me, but I am still careful & my phones never looked all that bad (thought the 3GS was looking pretty rough on the plastic back towards the end of its 2 year run).

When I get the 5S, I doubt that I will get a cover for it at all & just let it run around naked again. What about you?

2. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I've had every iPhone since they first came out.

Naked, every one. I couldn't stand taking that gorgeous feeling piece of high precision engineering and covering it with some cheap rubberized plastic.

It's kinda like the difference in feeling between condom and no condom. :)

3. Angler macrumors regular

Naked, if not its like taking a shower with a raincoat on!

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I like a hard case cover, light and strong so the back doesn't scratch easily, but not bulky.

5. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I just put a power support screen protector on the front...

Occasionally I will use the lucky labs skins for the antenna, but they seem to wear out faster than ever.

6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I simply bought a 0.2mm case which I'll use to keep my 5S scratch free without compromising the size or feel of it

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I used an Apple bumper on my iPhone 4 & 4S. I am using a Seidio surface case on my HTC One.

8. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

I'm an electrcian. Covered during work. Naked when I'm out.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

When I read this I laughed. :)

10. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

It depends. I like naked because I want to appreciate the thinness and aesthetics of the phone but yet I use an Incase hardshell on my MacBook Pro, go figure.

11. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

12. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

Lol seriously tho. If my $h!t was naked at work, it wouldn't survive a day.

13. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Covered, but only because of my Mophie battery case. I'd much rather it was not covered.

14. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

I've been using the shield since before zagg owned the brand. First on a series of iPods, and more recently, iPads. But I've not been happy with the recent installs. First they pealed away from the 4s and then showed signs of massive scraping when I cleaned the iPad with a tissue. Next time around, we're going naked.

15. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

As naked as possible while also having some protection (lol) :eek: I have a Tavik bumper for my iPhone 5.

16. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

I go naked and it's still flawless; white iPhone 5. I'll be getting the 5S but just don't know if I want white or the new "space grey," I'm assuming it won't scuff as easily as black/slate.

17. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Well let's see. Covering up is good for ugly fat things.

It's really nice to see beautiful slims things with nice curves naked though, but then you can get hurt easier if you are always naked.

.... What were we talking about again?

18. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I bought the best of a bad bunch in terms of cases when I bought my phone in O2 and always meant to upgrade it. To be fair, it's taken a couple of falls and it's received no damage in the process.

I'll be getting an official case this time around (as well as my standard screen protectors).

19. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

I am sure it will get scratched the same as the slate, but because the chamfered edge is not painted it would not be noticed too much..

20. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

I use an invisible shield on the front and back of my 5; it stops scratches and that's perfect. I tried a load of cases but they all seemed to ruin the look and feel. Given that it's a sturdy bit of kit anyway and has easily survived a few drops in the last year, I'll do exactly the same with the 5S.

21. DIRSGT macrumors member

DIRSGT

On my current iPhone4 I go naked front and BestSkinsEver on the back, as I always set my phone down on it's back.;)

Plan to do the same with the iPhone5s. Instead of black (black/ space gray) this time I am going with white/ silver because the phone's aluminum band does not hold up as well as the stainless steel on the iPhone4s.

22. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Naked everything.

What's the point of choosing great design if you're going to hide it.

I used to case and wrap/shield everything. But then I realized how much better it feels to see/feel the device naked.

23. zedzded macrumors regular

I sold my 2 year old 4S for AU $350, it was kept in it's case since day 1 so was pristine. If you're not that bothered about getting a decent price for it if you sell it then go naked, but badly scratched phones lose a lot of value.

24. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD