Naked Pictures of my New 17" Unibody Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DooDaaDame, May 7, 2009.

1. DooDaaDame macrumors member

DooDaaDame

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

There is just something "not right" about that metal bezel on the matte screen ones. I still wonder why they didn't just go with black...

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I agree, thats why i went with glossy, i know i know matte is more accurate, but thats half the point owning an Apple machine, that it doesnt look like a butt ugly Dell.

4. ZenoVT macrumors regular

5. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman

So what you're saying is that the only thing keeping your Mac from being butt ugly is a black bezel? :rolleyes:

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

yes, im not even arguing it, yes. A well designed product is a good product in my eyes, something which was clearly thrown together at the last minet because Apple were forced to isn't well designed.

7. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman

lol. Too funny.

8. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Looks nice man. Enjoy. What program was that you were running in picture 4?

9. DooDaaDame thread starter macrumors member

DooDaaDame

I'll find out...

My Mac Tech sent me the pictures, he was doing some configuring, he ran a final software and hardware test and took a picture of it when it finalized. I don't even have the Book yet, it's on an airplane being delivered tomorrow. Thought you folks would enjoy the pics of the case opened up.:)
    I will email him in the morning to find out which software he ran and post it for you.

10. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I think it looks really nice, much better than the glossy ones. Though the little light by the isight camera no longer looks as cool as the last gen.

11. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Personally I don't like the Black Bezel. It makes it look to much like any regular PC laptop...

Hopefully in the next year I can upgrade to the latest 17" MBP...

Nuc

12. DooDaaDame thread starter macrumors member

DooDaaDame

Ha!

Sounds like a case of deep matte envy, characterized by a need to slam what you do not have......hey, glossy is beautiful, but I actually work many hours a day on my computer. Glossy is too hard on my eyes. Thank goodness we live in a world where people have a choice between products.
    If you say the Macbook Pro has some problems, I will agree with you, but to say they just threw something together is saying they are totally incompetent and if that was the case, you shouldn't be buying matte or glossy!
    Lets just enjoy our Notebooks and wish each other well. Maybe we will meet at an internet cafe someday, have coffee and compare our products, everyone else will be jealous, I'm sure! We will both have the best computers in the house!

13. MrZebra macrumors regular

I think you're confusing design with style.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You really needed to put NSFW on your naked picture post :D

15. quackwack macrumors member

not a glossy vs anti glare but purely a point of view about the asthetics: at first i thought the anti glare didnt look as good as the glossy going on the pictures from the internet but after seeing it in person and seeing the alminium / black contrast applied throughout, i.e the body contrasting with the keys contrasting with the hinge and the bezel contrasting with the rubber i thought it looked cool!

16. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

To each his own. I personally love the matte-style - silver bezel, other don't. Meh... :p

I personally like that my 17" MBP doesn't look like an oversized Macbook :D

17. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I have a matte at the office so trust me im not jealous, the matte screens better in a brightly lit business environment, and i only use it for my eyes health haha! but the screen feels cheaper to touch, and isnt as strong or sturdy as the glossy with the glass/persepx keeping it rigid.

18. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

The glass will crack before the LCD would. In fact LCDs are slightly bendable, I dont think you can say that for the glass. Rigid != sturdy.

19. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

Matte is for designers, Glossy is for people who want to look cool. Who cares about a black bezel that much?

20. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Most designers use glossy, photographers prefer matte.

21. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Uh - I'm not following you...

Rigid = cracked - only sturdy to a point!!

22. MBAir macrumors member

The matte does look as an oversized Macbook Air though, which I like.

After using my lenovo T400 for a while, cannot go back to glossy, actually, I stopped using the Air.

I'm ordering a matte 17".

23. dkh587 macrumors regular

The matte screen isn't ugly IMO, but it does look like something is missing. I do like the black bezel more, but I'm not going to trash yours because I don't have the matte screen. Thanks for the pics. :)

24. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

LOL well said. honestly, how in hell does a glossy screen make someone look cool?

In my defense, I had to get the glossy because they don't offer matte on the 15" and since i ain't a pro designer, I couldn't justify the 17" price/weight (slight regret it but oh well, cest le vie)

I've seen the matte in stores though, and trust people it's gorgeous. Should check it out before trashing it.

25. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

I remember reading in another thread somewhere that it's better to have a black bezel around a glossy display, and a white bezel around a matte display. This is why the white iPhone is still black on the front.

I LOVE the look of the 17" matte display. The silver bezel makes it stand out. I dunno why, it just looks awesome to me.