Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohenriquez

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Dear Members

I hope you had nice christmas and nice starting of 2012. I will be delivering a keynote presentation and i would appreciate your views here:
I may feel that writing the name of the presentation and my name on the first slide is a redundancy as attendees already know the name of the topic and the speaker name (myself) I would like to make it as minimalist as I can like in the apple keynotes, where there is little info there and you never see: "Release of new iPhone" by "Steve Jobs, Apple CEO"
Of course, I am not him and I work in a different profession (Medicine)

Thanks for your support :apple:

ohenriquez

Frozzie

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Depends on how informal/formal the keynote is. If it is formal I would definitely say yes.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
So what is the question? Whether we think you should include your name on the initial slide of a presentation? Do what you like but I personally prefer having the names of my presenters on slides of formal presentations.

ohenriquez

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks

My question was very clear in the thread title. Upon reading your helpful input, I have decided to include the name of topic and name of presenter as my presentation will be formal. Thanks a lot for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.