Name of person and topic on keynote presentation is a redundancy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ohenriquez, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ohenriquez macrumors member

ohenriquez

Dear Members

I hope you had nice christmas and nice starting of 2012. I will be delivering a keynote presentation and i would appreciate your views here:
    I may feel that writing the name of the presentation and my name on the first slide is a redundancy as attendees already know the name of the topic and the speaker name (myself) I would like to make it as minimalist as I can like in the apple keynotes, where there is little info there and you never see: "Release of new iPhone" by "Steve Jobs, Apple CEO"
    Of course, I am not him and I work in a different profession (Medicine)

Thanks for your support :apple:

ohenriquez

2. Frozzie macrumors regular

Depends on how informal/formal the keynote is. If it is formal I would definitely say yes.

3. 808? macrumors 6502a

Redundant if the presenter is already know to the people watching the presentation.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

So what is the question? Whether we think you should include your name on the initial slide of a presentation? Do what you like but I personally prefer having the names of my presenters on slides of formal presentations.

5. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

Thanks

My question was very clear in the thread title. Upon reading your helpful input, I have decided to include the name of topic and name of presenter as my presentation will be formal. Thanks a lot for your help