Nancy is starting something I don’t know she can finish

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nutritious, May 23, 2019.

1. nutritious macrumors 6502

Trump was able to successfully smear the Bush family, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama, the republican establishment, and James Comey.

I don’t think Nancy knows what she’s in for.

I think democrats should stop using grappling tactics, which is Trump’s comfort zone, and they should try and dance a little more. They’re trying to beat George Foreman by trying to out-foreman George Forman.

Not going to happen.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. raqball macrumors 68000

Personally I wish Trump would shut his big trap and be put in a timeout from Twitter and the (D) would stop playing their childish games where next they'll be investigating a Twinkie theft when he was 8 years old....

This country has serious issues that need addressing... If the (D) want to impeach him then piss or get off the freaking pot...

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Trump has done more to smear his own name than anything he's done to anyone else.

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I think it’s pretty clear she’s riling him up with the intention of making him lash out, which in turn makes him look bad.

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Clinton wasnt wrong when she said he can be riled up with a tweet. He makes it so easy for everyone else.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Nancy so far has played a pretty good game. Let’s see what happens.

Depends if she chickens out or is just gradually building up the pressure.

8. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

She said she prays (or was it prayed?) for him LOL. That can rile a person up??? What a wimp!

9. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Kind of hard for the MAGA crowd to argue Nancy Pelosi is losing it when they have this:

[​IMG]

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Pelosi is punching him right in his bread basket, where it hurts the most. He acts like he's in a pressure cooker, its great to watch him crumble and fall back to his laughable catch-phrases like "stable genius". His deflections are wonderful to watch, he constantly accuses others of things he's accused of or is guilty of. If Chuck Schumer said Trump had IBS tomorrow, Trump would claim Schumer once defecated liquid crap on one of his golf courses even if it never happened. If Pelosi claimed Trump couldn't add, he'd claim he saw her college records and a professor specifically wrote that she couldn't read or write. He just deflects, lies and deflects. And the harder he's pressed and the more the walls come in, the more obvious he makes it.

The next two years should be great fun.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I wish the ****er would stop wasting so much money golfing. You could have funded the special Olympics with the amount he's blown. People ripped Obama for golfing, yet I don't hear the same outrage from Trumps golf outings.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Whatever Pelosi is, she's definitely not a chicken.

I think she'll keep building up the pressure.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Remember that the golf is just another one of his low-rent scams. Whenever he golfs at one of his own properties, as he almost always does, the secret service has to pay the property to rent golf carts, etc. and to stay on site.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You understand she's a democratic in the most democratic district in the country, having been elected numerous times over the span of decades. He's a guy who need to get reelected by winning over half the country. There isn't anything she couldn't say that would hurt her, he can very easily hurt himself. There is no political upside for him to engage anyone on the left like this.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's galling to consider, not only does Trump golf considerably more than other modern presidents—Woodrow Wilson apparently golfed 1,200 rounds during his tenure—but his every outing is not only a cost to taxpayers, but a cost to taxpayers that flows directly into his own pocket.

Trump's outings have cost us $102 million, and much of that cost flowed into the Trump organization, or roughly 255 times as much as his presidential salary.

16. raqball macrumors 68000

I agree.. So what's the solution to stop the madness? A yearly vacation budget that once surpassed comes out of the presidents own pocket if he/she wants another?

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's a great idea. I'd be willing to ignore expenditures at Camp David because it's technically a military facility that's been used for presidential retreats since FDR, but this modern thing of presidents faffing off to Kennebunkport, a ranch in Texas, or their own resorts is ********.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

Agree... Camp David exempt... So now get someone to offer it up and I am 100% down for the idea...

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Electing people with a shred of integrity would be a good start. The $102 million spent on Trump’s presidential golfing represents 255 times the annual presidential salary he volunteered not to take. It is more than three times the cost of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation that he continually complains about in regards to the cost.

20. eatrains macrumors 6502

His "smears" are only successful on his cult following. Everyone else sees through them as the sixth-grade antics they are.

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I read Pelosi's response as reflecting her thinking that Trump is actually losing it. I doubt that (or any more so than usual). This should not be about trying to unhinge Trump. The Democrats should do their duty to investigate the implications of the Mueller report, but they need to provide something positive for people to vote for. I don't see that happening at the moment.

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That's actually a great idea, and they shouldn't be allowed to profit from their trips either.

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why do you say that the Democrats aren't giving people anything positive to vote for? They have all sorts of policy plans they want to push forward. The House has passed many bills that Mitch McConnell is ignoring. People need to stop repeating this Republican talking point that all the Democrats want to do is investigate Trump.

24. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Since he does not take a government paycheck, I think they can survive some gulf cart rentals.

25. Solver macrumors 6502a

Truly amazing how quickly a discussion can go completely off topic.