Nancy Pelosi Throws Epic Hissy Fit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 15, 2014.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

YouTube video of Nancy Pelosi's reaction to a fair questions from a CBS reporter. The reporter asks Pelosi if she should step down, given that the former Speaker has led her party to defeat in the last two election cycles. Pelosi goes absolutely nuts, accusing the female reporter of both sexism and ageism, despite the fact that neither Pelosi's age nor her sex was even mentioned in the question.

Pelosi's obfuscation, feigned victimization, and her arrogance are palpable. She simply will not stand for a mere reporter questioning her leadership.

http://youtu.be/MJJEXvJnVVo

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

OMG. She was out ... of ... control.

:rolleyes:

As a Californian, I'm happy she's one of our senators.

I wish every Democrat was a feisty and determined.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

A Californian should know their Senators from their Representatives.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oops. My bad.

You're absolutely right.

I wrongly elevated her office.

Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein are our two senators.

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Feinstein is the worst anti-civil liberties Senator in Congress. She's never seen a NSA or CIA program she didn't love (unless the CIA is spying on her.) Her husband has profited greatly from our state of permanent war, too. Yes, good old DiFi came to Congress to do good and she's done very well indeed.

Boxer is a non-entity. What is she known for?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Extreme hypocrites they are

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Looking like Nancy Pelosi.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

She's a fool, too, since Nancy Cordes is on video asking the same to Mitch McConnell when he lost the Senate.

10. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Yes, that makes her look even more thin skinned and petty. But in her district? She never has to worry about losing her seat.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I will grant you that complaining about who makes the cover of Time magazine comes off as self-serving.

But when compared to some things said by politicians, it's pretty small potatoes.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The fact that she's griping about not being on the cover of Time Magazine (or any other dying news magazine) is a perfect illustration of the isolated bubble she lives in and why both parties need younger people in Congress. It's not quite "The Internet is a series of tubes!" but it's in the neighborhood.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It also ignores that media will gravitate toward whatever will sell. It's just a silly comment. My one concern is that the clip appears to be heavily edited.

14. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Mainly for environmental and women's issues. She's currently the chair of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee and has been trying for years to bring the tight California environmental standards nationwide. Soon to be replaced by Jim Inhofe. Those two are like oil and water. Should be fun to watch.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

No conservative should dare say anything negative towards Pelosi, given the type of women politicians that represent the GOP.

16. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

"We have to pass it to know what's in it." That sums it up.

17. chown33 macrumors 604

Thanks for the reminder. Off to the drive-thru.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Thank you for bringing that misquote up again. You and JKCerda should familiarize yourself with the fuller quote ... it changes the meaning quite a bit, and I'm happy to give you the opportunity to correct yourself in the future.

Again ...

Not "We have to pass it to know what's in it," but, "we have to pass the bill so that you [the people] can find out what is in it ... away from the fog of controversy."

I doubt you'll see the difference, but I think it's pretty clear to anyone with a passable understanding of the English language, and a mind not closed by partisan bias.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Unfortunately, many people of an anti-Obama mindset did not want to know what is in the ACA, and, still don't know what is in the ACA. Hence, all those people who, when polled on individual components of the ACA, say they like them, but, still don't like Obamacare.

See, that was Nancy Pelosi's mistake- thinking that people would want to know what is in the bill.

20. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Nothing like telling your party to pass it without bothering to read it.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

What was in it was higher out of pocket premiums. 7k-12k as posted in the over thread.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Partisan hackery.

Or poor English comprehension.

Perhaps both.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

"Pelosi: People won’t appreciate reform until it passes
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday that people won’t appreciate how great the Democrat’s health plan is until after it passes.
    “You’ve heard about the controversies, the process about the bill…but I don’t know if you’ve heard that it is legislation for the future – not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America,” she told the National Association of Counties annual legislative conference, which has drawn about 2,000 local officials to Washington. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”
    During a 20-minute speech, she touted benefits she thinks will be tangible to the audience’s employers. She said there’s support for public health infrastructure and investments in community health centers that will reduce uncompensated care that hospitals now need to deliver.
    “You know as well as anyone that our current system is unsustainable,” said Pelosi (D-Calif.). “The final health care legislation, which will soon be passed by the Congress, will deliver successful reforms at the local level.”

I'm getting real tired of your crap SD. Either you don't know the full context, or don't care, but it's pathetic to stoop to such tactics.

24. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Boy, was I disappointed, by the way. I was expecting to see something like one of the Republican big boys' rants. Pelosi barely registered on the rant-o-meter.