Nano sim?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoriG, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CoriG macrumors 6502

Any idea when or where I can get ahold of a nano sim before Friday? When will the stores have them in stock? I preordered by doing across upgrade and want to avoid going to the ATT stores on launch day. If I have a nano sim ahead of time, I can just call AT&T and have them activate the sims.

Thanks!

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

You can do that anyway.
    Just call AT&T before activating the 5.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Your phone will include a nano sim. AT&T or apple's not going to mail you a non-functional phone. :rolleyes:

4. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand that.. but I am doing a CROSS UPGRADE.. which means I need an additional sim card to switch the phone to another phone number.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

6. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

But the A&T people keep telling me I have to go into the store and get a nanosim. I spoke to someone today and I specifically asked whether I can just call them before activating the phone and give them the info on the sim and they can change around the numbers and they said no - I need an additional sim.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    Listen what everyone tells you.
    Don't activate it.
    Just call AT&T and have them assign your number to that nano sim that's in your new i5.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No need for a new sim, just call CS.

----------

Not true, please read the Upgrade Guide at the top of this forum.

9. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! That is what I assumed to be the logical step. But AT&T keeps telling otherwise. Then again I have gotten plenty of misleading info from them in the past.

So I just now need an additional micro sim to put in my go phone so that I can just activate that with the second line I started in order to get the upgrade?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

AT&T reps will give you 10 different answers every time you call.

11. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

12. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I opened a second line on my account and I am gonna call or go to one of many local att stores on the 21st with the new 5.

I will give them the info of the 5 and put that on my main line, then have them put the 4s I currently have and put that on the new number I just got.

I have no plans of using the new number, so should I take the sim out of the 4s (selling this phone) and have att activate this dummy phone I have sitting in a draw?

Sorry if it sounds confusing...trying to figure the best way to put the 5 on my current number

Any input helps :D

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

bump for some advice

14. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Yes on the dummy phone. If an iPhone is the last IMEI that touched that line you will be stuck paying for a data plan. if you get a dumb phone attached to the account you can cancel the data plan and just pay the basic line fee.