Nano sims in the uk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Oct 13, 2012.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

2. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I've looked but I just want to order a Nano sim so when I'm visiting my parents in the uk. Can I just get one shipped?

3. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I walked into my local 02 shop a couple of weeks ago and could see a plentiful amount of both pay as you go and contract nano sims.

Ordering one online took a few days to arrive.

Or you could try cutting down your present sim !

5. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go

Choose which one you want, I recommend the £15 one so you don't have to worry about data. It then asks what size sim you want. I think they will only ship to a uk address so send it to your parents.

6. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Three don't offer any PAYG nano sims yet.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

From the link it does seem like they do but the £15 is not available for online ordering.

8. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

You should try it, it really is simple, if you can cut in a straight line you can do it.

I did this "how to" on another forum for a user there and they managed perfectly.

9. phil1995 macrumors member

I just returned from the UK with my Iphone5. I used an 02 nano sim while I was there. None of the services will ship to the U.S. Not only that, when you walk into a store to buy it, they require that you have a U.K. postcode to purchase. Some new regulations due to fraud, the clerk tried to explain it, but i did not understand it.

I was traveling with a U.K. citizen, and he let me use his postcode. I attempted to top up on line with 02, and they would not let me use a U.S. credit card. I had to stop by a Curries and purchase a top up code.

I have been traveling for years using U.K. sims, but thing seems to of have tightened up a bit lately.

You can get the nano sims from Three, T-mobile, 02 that I know of.

10. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Must be some anti terrorism method.

11. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

There are no such rules, I'm presuming you went somewhere like a CarPhoneWarehouse or similar? They want address details to sell on or start spamming you with junk mail.

Most independent phone shops, like the ones who do unlocking and repairs give sims away free.

When I decided to test out my sim cutting I went around 2 or 3 shops and ended up with 10 SIM cards to practice on. Even my local newsagent does simcards, just not free, I think they sell for 99p if their signs are still current.

12. phil1995 macrumors member

Yes, it was a car phone warehouse. That was what I was told.

13. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Totally understandable, CPW staff seem to be taught to make up stories as they go along. Bet they even charged over the odds for the sim.

Best advice, next time you're in the UK, if you can, avoid the CarPhoneWarehouse unless there is absolutely no other choice. You'll only get advice for what is best for them, never what's best for you.