nasty accident that could not happen to someone more deserving.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 5, 2010.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

this is sure nasty
    http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/news/vie...-latest-drama/
    but I don't really fell sorry for the guy. he is the author of a book that teaches parents to spank their children with plumbing line and to spank them starting at a few months old on for about anything and everything. a few people have killed their children following the methods.
    I think this makes me feel he got a bit of what he deserved in life.

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

bastard got what he deserved. i hate people like him.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

4. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

the sad part is even though two separate couples have killed their children with their methods there really is not much anyone can do . they have been investigated by the police and he brags how he was approved. I am sure the cops would love to bust him for something.
    What I love is he does not believe in marriage so his kids are all shacking up. his first daughter who I am sure he refined his methods on. lives in a trailer and is dirt poor because her great live in hubby dumped his job so he can spend all day studying the bible. sometimes not enough food or power and daddy is raking it in.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't really know anything about the guy, but to wish for an injury like this on someone sounds kinda hateful.

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

8. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

They guy tells people to beat their children till they are happy spank them till they are joyful if you wait a day after they are born to spank you waited a day too late. if they do what you tell them to do spank anyway just to make sure. go to the store and buy plumbing line and put it in all your rooms and around your neck so you can spank instantly.
    I have been reading his exploits for awhile and he is a evil person When parents spanked their children to death. he pretty much laughed at the whole deal and never felt bad about it.
    they teach parents that their children should obey instantly and with a smile to anything. never question or delay.
    I have been reading this kind of crap for awhile and this guy has caused some real issues in the world.

9. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

"A reverence for life does not require a man to respect Nature's obvious mistakes."

--Robert A. Heinlein, sci-fi author and libertarian hero.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Looks like God spanked him.

Though I will say that I don't enjoy seeing him in misery.

I even feel for evil people... except Dick Cheney.

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

He does? I didn't get that from his website.

You seem to be giving one guy an awful lot of credit.

Still, I suppose you're right - clearly, a guy like this deserves a giant shard of wood through his arm. Good to see you're taking joy in it. :rolleyes:

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wishing pain on someone is just as evil as this guy presumably has been. OP, how do you hold yourself any higher than you hold this guy? Aside from that, laying all blame on him for what other oarents have done shows real ignorance. Do you think the parents aren't to blame? Do you think they went to far because their hand was forced? Even if they were somehow conditioned to spank and spank often, I think you need to lay some of the responsibility on the parents as well.

13. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Clearly his omnipotent deity wasn't watching over him when this happened. Or maybe the deity caused it to happen?

I never could figure out this religious stuff.

14. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

read his book to train up a child. Do you think someone that tells parents to spank a 2 month old infant because it cries is a kind person? His book is has been dumped by most book sellers because of the nature of it.
    I mean you get instructions how to make great spanking instruments out of plumbing tubing. He teaches parents to beat their children into full submission and do it joyfully.
    1) The Pearls recommend whipping infants only a few months old on their bare skin. They describe whipping their own 4 month old daughter (p.9). They recommend whipping the bare skin of "every child" (p.2) for "Christians and non-Christians" (p.5) and for "every transgression" (p.1). Parents who don't whip their babies into complete submission are portrayed as indifferent, lazy, careless and neglectful (p.19) and are "creating a Nazi" (p.45).

2) On p.60 they recommend whipping babies who cannot sleep and are crying, and to never allow them "to get up." On p.61 they recommend whipping a 12 month old girl for crying. On p.79 they recommend whipping a 7 month old for screaming.

3) On p.65 co-author Debi Pearl whips the bare leg of a 15 month old she is babysitting, 10 separate times, for not playing with something she tells him to play with. On p.56 Debi Pearl hits a 2 year old so hard "a karate chop like wheeze came from somewhere deep inside."

4) On p.44 they say not to let the child's crying while being hit to "cause you to lighten up on the intensity or duration of the spanking." On p.59 they recommend whipping a 3 year old until he is "totally broken."

5) On p.55 the Pearls say a mother should hit her child if he cries for her.

6) On p.46 the Pearls say that if a child does obey before being whipped, whip them anyway. And "if you have to sit on him to spank him, then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher." "Defeat him totally." On p.80 they recommend giving a child having a tantrum "a swift *forceful* spanking." On the same page they say to whip small children on their bare skin until they stop screaming. "Don't be bullied. Give him more of the same." They say to continue whipping until their crying turns into a "wounded, submissive whimper."

7) On p.47 they recommend their various whips, including "a belt or larger tree branch" to hit children.

8) The Pearls recommend pulling a nursing infant's hair (p.7), and describe tripping their non-swimming toddler so she falls into deep water (p.67). They recommend ignoring an infant's bumped head when he falls to the floor, and ignoring skinned knees (p.86). They also say "if your child is roughed-up by peers, rejoice." (p.81) And on p.103 the Pearls say if children lose their shoes, "let them go without until they (the children) can make the money to buy more."

9) The Pearls claim their "training" methods are Godly, yet they have *no religious training or credentials* They never mention Jesus' injunctions to forgive "seventy times seven" and be merciful, and they decry the "extraordinary ingnorance of modern psychology."

The Pearls' methods have resulted in parents being investigated by Child Protective Services, children being taken away from parents, a restraining order against a father, and even a babysitter going to jail on felony charges!

15. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

This is either a lie or he is clearly trolling because no person can be this... ugh I don't have a word for it

Even if this guy is serious wishing this kind of harm is very sad indeed

16. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

this is the way they are. they brag and gloat about it. two separate incidents where the parents beat their children to death used their methods. and pearl gloated about they just did not follow their methods. no remorse at all.

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

So is making a full quote of his post.

Unnecessary.

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Perhaps the deity takes no active role in day to day life?

19. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Who knows the pearls think when their trick broke or this accident happened it was the devil screwing wit their plans. Myself I think the devil if there is one loves the pearls they promote hate and pain and resentment and make a profit from it.

20. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

No, that can't be right.

It would be like trying to justify the non-existance of Leprechauns by saying 'aha, you'll never see one if you look for it', or telling a child that Santa wouldn't appear unless they were sound asleep.

No, an omnipotent deity would have to make her presence felt all the time, surely?

21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

No, not at all.

In fact, I'd say he's no kinder than someone who gains joy from watching someone sustain a serious injury.

22. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

The concept of responsibility much less responsibilities as a parent aren't necessarily concepts that are well understood here. I think you're asking a bit much...

23. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I disagree. This man deserves to be hurt, and i would enjoy watching it. Just like watching a Nazi burn alive, sounds like good times.

24. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Or you could go after the root cause of these monsters

you would sink to as low as him :(

what sad society we live in

25. Eraserhead, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or you could put him in prison - he is advocating child abuse.

I don't believe his speech is/should be protected as it is clearly harming others.