Natick Collections, Natick MA Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by xcman922, Jun 19, 2010.

1. xcman922 macrumors newbie

Anyone going to head to the Apple Store at the Natick Collections? I wasn't able to pre-order one during the initial craziness, and the very nice Apple Store employee told me over the phone she can't guarantee they will have very many for those without a reservation, but I thought I might go at like 3-4 am and see if I can't get lucky.

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

3. xcman922 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah - the problem is that based on the two MA stores I've already called, it seems like there will be a very small amount of phones available for walk-ins. Maybe I'll show up at 3 am and see what the line is like at Natick then decide where else to possibly go....

4. inck243 macrumors member

Woo! I'm going to the Natick Collection. I'm not getting up early though, I just hope the lines won't be awful!

5. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Not sure how this would work out for you, with that store being in a mall. I'm sure they won't let you line up inside the mall before normal business hours, so it's going to be a free-for-all nuthouse rush to the Apple Store door from the Mall doors...

6. xcman922 thread starter macrumors newbie

Agreed - I'm headed to that store either today or tomorrow to specifically ask the Apple store employees how that works....

7. J B macrumors member

Im planning on doing the same thing at Natick. Could you tell me what the store said, i assume its going to be a mad rush to the apple store

8. xcman922 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just got off the phone with the Apple Store AND Natick Security - both were extremely helpful and very polite. Pretty cool.

Anyway, here is the latest info for the Natick Collections:

- The doors to the mall will open at 6 am and NOT before then. I was told the two entrances available will be the Bank of America one and the Met Bar and Grille one.

- At this time, Natick Security doesn't know when exactly they will allow people to line up. They told me that they hope to have that information by noon tomorrow. The guy I spoke to was extremely polite and knowledgeable - he says they don't want to give a time until they know for sure just so no one gets screwed by arriving too early and then getting thrown out.

I am planning on calling back tomorrow afternoon - as soon as I get the "official" time, I'll post it here. My guess would be not before 5 am, but that's just a guess.

9. J B macrumors member

great, thanks for the help. Just wondering, how big of a line do u expect at Natick early in the morning?

10. xcman922 thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly, I have no idea. From what I've been hearing I expect the worst - TONS of people, possibly 100 or more, at the earliest time possible. The Apple store at the Natick Collections is well known, so I would expect more people there then, say, at the Apple store in Legacy Place in Dedham.

That being said, I think the Natick Collections represents your best bet to get an iPhone 4 once we know what time they will allow people to arrive.

11. btocoolman macrumors newbie

so is there still going to be a huge rush to the apple store or will they organize it in some way so that doesn't happen?

12. Detlev macrumors 6502a

I've attended the previous releases there. There are those who "cut" other people by entering other doors, but few. Security tries to keep people out of the mall until six. The mall is open to people for walking/exercise early and there are residences just down the hall from the Apple store. The mall is saying they will do the same this time. Overall, the crowd is civil. Two lines, one for pre-ordered and one for first come, first serve. Apple sales was saying this morning they have sold nearly two million iPhone 4 and getting one Thursday without it being reserved will be "nearly, if not impossible".

13. inck243 macrumors member

There is also a new apple store that's kind-of close by in dedham. I was there tonight, no one lined up but I saw them put up the black curtains over the window so no one could see how they were preparing the store inside :p

14. xcman922 thread starter macrumors newbie

shhh - don't tell anyone about that place - it's a secret!

15. Detlev macrumors 6502a

Apple employees just announced that non-reserved phones go on sale at 9:00, reserved phones 7:00. Wish they told us that any time before now. Also, Apple will not be setting up new AT&T accounts. You have to go to the AT&T store for that.

Personally, I was figuring they would have figured this system out and made it better for the customer the fourth time around.

It's 5:52. Oh yeah, the mall opened the doors earlier than they said they would even at closing last night.

16. Detlev macrumors 6502a

6:21 update. Likely not enough phones for non-reserved customers. They are about to cut off the line due to stock limits.

It appears the Apple team underestimated the amount of people that would be here. I see fear in their eyes. This is much bigger than any of the previous releases, including the iPad.

17. shurmanter macrumors newbie

Any word on how long the line for reserved phones is?

18. inck243 macrumors member

IDK it seemed to me like everyone got one who was in the line around 1:00 - 2:00. I saw them clear several people from the non reserved line.. but IDK how long they were there for. I was in line for like a half hour, ugh.

And on a side note I had to go to ATT to get my phone switched over to my line and the lady at att told me the guy from the apple store gave me an iPad sim card lol. she was like "We have been fixing their problems ALL DAY" LOL