National Enquirer paid $30K to keep Trump doorman silent

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

https://www.apnews.com/amp/f37ecfc4710b468db6a103a245146172?__twitter_impression=true

The one thing about the 2016 campaign that boggles my mind is how much Trump stuff existed that rival campaigns never went after. A perfect example is all the times he was on Howard Stern’s radio show. Some of the stuff he said there was as bad if not worse than the Access Hollywood tape. There were/are rumors he paid for women to have abortions. I get why the mainstream media didn’t go after this stuff (they wanted him to be the nominee because they thought he’d be the easiest one to beat) but I don’t understand why rival GOP campaigns didn’t put this stuff out there. Were they that afraid of Trump’s Twitter feed and the MAGA mob?

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Good questions, all. Maybe it was that there was SO MUCH stuff, nobody knew where to start.

3. Huntn, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

A lot was revealed by mainstream media, but here we had a loon who could brag about shooting someone on Time Square and grabbing crotches, and making sure he always had a Tictac ready, and still be loved by his dysfunctional, anarchy base along with tribal thinkers who felt anyone pretending to be a (R) was better than Hillary. We can keep the leash on him to do our bidding... wait!

81829B93-4935-414A-A15C-E6EA92EE97BB.jpeg

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Boy! That Trump vote just keeps paying dividends.

I mean, watching liberals meltdown and go into full set their hair on fire mode over everything from Team Trump is just priceless.

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Ah I see you’re part of the making liberal heads explode crowd. I guess that’s the new ideology of the Republican Party now. If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em, eh?

6. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I believe his supporters really do not care about who Trump stuck is **** in, had some type of locker room talk that no matter how you feel a lot of us are not so innocent and etc. Trump supporters see him getting things done by putting America first. He’s following through with his campaign promises. Just to name a few, lowering taxes, U.S. Embassy being moved to Jerusalem, working with China on trade, destroying isis to almost 100% gone, Job! Jobs! Jobs!... Trump is not your everyday PC politian and people appreciate that. I get it, he speaks before he thinks which it’s fine, but stupid at times and he tweets a lot. Now calling Trumps base dysfunctional seems pretty low because they see things differently than you? Why the name calling? Does it make you feel better about yourself? What is it?

7. PracticalMac, Apr 12, 2018

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Have a daughter?
    Would you let her meet #45 at some late night soiree with booze on table?

Or what about a neighbor who throws a lot of very loud, street packed with cars, wild party till sunrise in middle of week?
    Oh, and builds a 30 foot high fence wall that dominates your view out your window.

Character makes campaign promises happen, not threats.
    Have you noticed that nearly every action #45 did has resulted in vigorous opposition and stalled action? How many times was his travel ban struck down? A President with character would have achieved the goal the first time.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

If that's your idea of leadership and what you value - that says a lot right there.

9. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

Micheal Moore had it right. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Prior to the election he explained that the reason Trump would be elected is because people were ready to stick it to the man no matter how much it hurt themselves and the country.

*Language warning*

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Q: Have a daughter? Would you let her meet #45 at some late night soiree with booze on table?

A: No I would not

Q: Have you noticed that nearly every action #45 did has resulted in vigorous opposition and stalled action? How many times was is travel ban struck down?

Sorry but you can't really blame Trump for the democrats obstructing and resisting everything and anything he does. We've never seen this level of obstruction before. Yes the republicans did the same against Obama, the dems did it to Bush ect... All parties do it to a point against their non party president but..... It's became the liberal mantra and they do it every step of the way..

My .02

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Have you met Mitch McConnell?

12. raqball macrumors 68000

Did I say he didn't obstruct Obama? Nope. Read what I wrote please.. They all do it, that's no secret just not at the levels we currently see form liberals.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Yeah, I don't think so. The Republican Senate refused to allow a hearing or a vote on Obama's Supreme Court nominee. That had never happened before in history.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

For the sake of reality, that makes ZERO sense.

Republicans hold both houses & the presidency, democrats canNOT obstruct to the levels that the republican Congress did to Obama.

It's republicans who've obstructed republicans, not hard to figure out with a little research. To help out two words... Freedom Caucus.

So somehow dragging liberals in because they hold protests and repeat a process begun by the tea party in town hall meetings that send cowardly republican congresspeople scurrying. That isn't obstruction.

Saying out loud you're biggest intention in office is to insure that the duly elected presented is a one term president. Instead of say actually doing the job of governing, that is the highest levels of obstruction we've ever seen.

Or to put it simply... name anything that a republican controlled congress has done, that hasn't needed democratic support. If you have the numbers to get what you want done without dems, why can't you? o_O

You happily got your tax plan right? How was that done? With the majority that is the republican controlled both houses of congress. So much obstruction!

15. raqball macrumors 68000

Perhaps to you it doesn't but it makes sense to me.. The level of obstruction is unprecedented in my personal opinion and I will consider this when voting in the midterms. Feel free to think differently as you are entitled to your opinion same as I..

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Can you point out any specific Republican initiatives that were blocked by Democrats? Keep in mind that anything can pass the House with a simple Republican majority, so you'll have to come up with something that got through the House and died in the Senate because it required 60 votes.

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Fixed it for you.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

But you're historically wrong. Your bias or cognitive dissonance is leading you astray.

19. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

But your opinion isn't based on any factual evidence. It's impossible for the Dems to be obstructionist with the make up of both chambers right now.

And the biggest obstruction to ever happen in US history is Mitch McConnel denying Obama HEARINGS on a Supreme Court justice. Forget even putting a vote on the record, he refused to even hold hearings. Completely unprecedented and completely partisan.

20. raqball, Apr 12, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

I have no bias as I've voted for democrats in the past. Cognitive dissonance? Is this the new key word liberals are going to use to discredit anyone with a different point of view? Honest question as I am curious how you'd come to this conclusion of me, since you don't personally know me..

Either way, the level of obstruction that I believe to be true by democrats will be considered by me when I vote in the midterms. Not that it matters much as I am one vote is a sea of others..
    Agree they should have allowed a vote. I believe the outcome would have the same but... At any rate, just because one party acts poorly should not be reason for the other party to behave the same, or should it be in your opinion?

21. samcraig macrumors P6

You keep claiming Dems do it more. I'm not sure that's accurate. Based on what? Have you sincerely reviewed both parties and what they've obstructed vs not?

Stop trying to shift the conversation into one about semantics and keywords "liberals" use. Once again - that shows bias. PEOPLE use words and define things. That's not party politics.

22. raqball macrumors 68000

I can post links and info that back my belief up and you can post counter links and info that discredit my belief. In the end we get nowhere and only further to divide ourselves.

I honestly wish both Democrats and Republicans would stop putting their party ahead of the country..

23. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Everyone has bias. Including you, me, and Dupree.

They're not acting the same. It's not possible since the Dems have no power in any branch of government. You're the one that claimed they are being the most obstructionist ever, but it's just not possible that they can be. They don't have the votes.

If/When the Dems hold a Supreme Court nomination hostage, then you may have an argument. Until then, you really don't.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I agree on that last point. On the flip side - you're playing that game when you insist one party does something more than the other. And you're now back tracking own that calling it a stale mate. Maybe you've watch WarGames. Shall we play a game of chess?

25. raqball, Apr 12, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Not all all. I am stating my thoughts on what's been posted. I also agreed that republicans should have allowed a vote on Garland..

I've said the level of obstruction is higher, much higher, in my opinion than I've ever seen. The democrats are obstructing and resisting everything! As a matter of fact, some democratic figures have or had it posted as their logo or slogan on their social media. I don't think its any secret that the democrats have been shouting this loudly since the election..

Back-tracking and calling a stale mate? What? I am doing nothing of the sort. Why attempt to twist what I've said?