National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 (They’re Growing)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solver, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM.

1. Solver, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:14 AM

Solver macrumors 6502a

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

have they not heard about the HOAX known as global warming?..............wait, maybe they did notice the scam .

3. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I hope they’re growing!

Guess the global warming schtick has left the station. Now it’s “climate change.”

I love Glacier National Park. It’s on the other side of the country from me but it’s so worth the trip.

(Hint: climate change is constant)

4. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

You know what's wonderful about the "global warming" hoax... if you are wrong, you won't have to worry, because it will be too late at some point to say, "oops, my bad, guess it was real."

5. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

President Trump could issue an executive order to make sure that these signs are left there untouched as a memorial reminder of the failed prediction of a political faith based anti-reasoning “settled science.”

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Gore said 2013 blah blah blah, artic melt down blah blah blah, ice will be gone blah blah blah
    I know, AOC said 12 years........................

7. raqball macrumors 68000

Al Gore and AOC dispute this report and want the signage returned ASAP!

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Hard core denial for the soul in this thread, carry on.

9. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Remember they said polar bears are dying because of global warming even though their numbers are growing.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Maybe the signs were large and providing shade for the glaciers? Now that they've been removed, look out! melt, melt, melt!

CNN headline: Trump destroys glaciers!

11. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I don’t know who to believe when it comes to this issue. You can’t trust the experts, as most of them have political or financial motivations to skew data related to climate change.

Like the email from Wiki Leaks ten years ago showing emails where scientific data was being manipulated to appear that humans were impacting climate change.

I am not saying one side is right or wrong, but I think people should be less accepting and more skeptical of information from the so-called experts.

Especially the younger generation, they seem to soak that stuff in, regardless whether the info might be manipulated.

12. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

How can anyone deny that the glaciers will be all gone by 2020?
    /s

13. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m not referencing a date, but trend that is obviously in denial in thread’s like these.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Ah yes all is well :rolleyes:
    link

15. raqball macrumors 68000

Maybe in their computer predicted model they used a Commodore 64C that incorrectly tabulated the data?

16. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

I have pictures from Franz Josef Glacier over the last 10 years from my personal collection. OR, should I say the Granz Josef moraine to be more accurate these days.

17. Dr_Charles_Forbin macrumors regular

Dr_Charles_Forbin

Then why is the polar ice disappearing so quickly? Ok, if 99% of the scientists say one thing and you don't want to hear it, then believe your 1%. As another poster stated, it's hard to know what the truth is these days. I'm betting more on actual people of science that have studied it than people who want to poke fun at inaccurate findings. People seem more concerned that it's not man's fault than mitigating its occurrence so we can continue our existing behavior unabated. I'm not saying I have the answer, nor the timeline - becuase I dont. But let's be honest - its not a giant conspiracy.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

What do you expect?

Al Gore = We are already dead according to him
    Obama = The glaciers will be gone by 2020
    AOC = We are all going to die in 12 years

Maybe when they stop with the hyperventilating ridiculous predictions people might start taking their claim a weeeeee bit more seriously.

Keep crying wolf and ya know... People will keep rolling their eyes at the new predictions and hyperventilating.

19. Dr_Charles_Forbin macrumors regular

Dr_Charles_Forbin

I agree. Stop listening to politicians that don't give a **** for the most part anyway and will simply leverage it as a means to a personal end.

20. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Or it could have been that Y2K bug.

21. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

So you do nothing but bitch and rail against it unless someone can give you an exact date where we have reached a point of no return?

It seems conservatives want this to be a hoax so badly, that they cannot even admit that doing certain things are just plain good for the environment or humans as a whole.

It lends so much to the "I have mine, don't care about the future because I won't be here." I am putting that in quotes because I have actually been told that to my face by my wife's republican uncle.

22. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

Well they are gone. This is from my own personal trips there. Here is whats left of Franz Josef. 2004, 2011, 2016...
    I guess I am just part of the evil conspiracy.

23. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I don't think even most "deniers" have made up their mind between "it is happening, but it's not caused by man" vs. "it's not happening at all".

Some evidence of it is lived. The fact that California's largest and most destructive wildfires have all occurred fairly recently isn't coincidence, it's the result of a warmer, drier climate. Anyone who lives here has experienced it.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I am sure arson has nothing to do with it.................
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/california-wildfires-arson.html

25. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

And many of them were started by PG&E power lines. Doesn't negate what I said. A million fires could start for those reasons, but they wouldn't be so large and destructive if the climate wasn't so dry and warm and conducive to the spread of large wildfires.