Native New Yorker in Brazil trying to burn DVDs with local DVD-RWs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JLevy, Jun 30, 2009.

1. JLevy macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 macbook pro 15 inch and I am trying to burn material from iDVD onto DVD-RWs. After hours of encoding the disc, in the final write-up stage, the disc popped out explaining that it cannot finalize. Also, when I first insert it, I am told that it is not blank and asks if erasing is okay. That is also weird considering these are fresh out of the box. I have been looking at forums for the past hour and can only find firmware upgrades for powerbooks. Then I read frightening warnings about uploading the wrong firmware will destroy your computer so I am hesitant to try anything risky. Anybody wanna help a guy out! I am trying to get my portfolio to companies and I have just reached utter gridlock!!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Why not just use R only discs? Best to have a backup beyond just a DVD too.

3. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Try erasing it? If it asks if erasing a blank disc is OK then just try erasing it and see what happens. What do you have to lose? Its blank!

4. JLevy thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted an R trust me. Although in Sao Paulo things are not easy to find, especially specific electronics. I told the computer to erase the blank. I have tried again since my last post and this time it went through, but iDVD froze up and I needed to force quit the program. When I tried the DVD it just made, it registered as blank. I'm really not sure what is going on. If I have a friend send me some DVD-Rs from America, will they even play here. I know this question seems ridiculous but now I'm starting to question everything. I will be burning it in PAL so it should be play, although the Rs might have a region code on it. Any ideas?