Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Native Weather App - watch vs iPhone

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Tacoma, WA
More often than not, the weather/temperature on my AWS5 is different than what’s showing on my iPhone 11.

I don’t know why this is ... it’s the native weather app on both devices and they’re pulling from the same source - The Weather Channel.

Theoretically, shouldn’t the data shown be the same on both devices?

jz0309

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2018
Temecula, CA
More often than not, the weather/temperature on my AWS5 is different than what’s showing on my iPhone 11.

I don’t know why this is ... it’s the native weather app on both devices and they’re pulling from the same source - The Weather Channel.

Theoretically, shouldn’t the data shown be the same on both devices?
I have seen the same thing ...
But maybe even more interesting: I periodically check my privacy settings on the phone and I have changed the location service for the weather app to enable. Now I have 2 entries within the weather app for my phone for my hometown, and both report different temps, eg right now the location entry says 111 and the other one 115. My watch says 111.
So, I'm currently thinking that the watch uses the location based weather data ... why however it is different from a location manually entered - beats me

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.