Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiquidZed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Hi all,

If you own Navigon, you will really like my new app. It adds fully functional local search, cut and paste, and opening of contacts with apartments, suites, etc to Navigon. It has a nice familiar maps interface to it. Here is a cut and paste from my App description on itunes.

-Jason
LiquidZed@gmail.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navassist/id416453745

NavAssist makes it easier to use your Navigon MobileNavigator software. You can cut and paste addresses from anywhere, including web pages, text messages and other apps. This means no entering address components one at a time to Navigon!

**Now NavAssist also supports local searches!! Just type in your search query such as "Greek Restaurants" "Grocery Store" or a business name and NavAssist will search near where you currently have the map centered! Much more convenient than Navigon's built in local search!

NavAssist also supports navigation directly to your contacts from within the app (including those with apartment numbers that Navigon can’t handle). No more having Navigon route you to the middle of your destination city!

Once you have either selected a contact, cut and pasted or entered an address, NavAssist shows you the location(s) on the map that match your search. You just select the location from the map that you want to Navigate to. It’s that easy!

** NOTE: This App REQUIRES a Navigon MobileNavigator product to be installed. **

NavAssist Features:
✓ Cut and Paste addresses from anywhere to launch Navigon
✓ Local Search centered around whatever map area you currently have selected!
✓ Launch Navigon directly from your contacts (including ones with apartment numbers)
✓ Free-form search box that allows almost any form of address entry, including Point of Interest searches such as “Empire State Building”
✓ Corrects common contact sync problems

Feature requests, bug reports and other suggestions should be sent to LiquidZed@gmail.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navassist/id416453745

LiquidZed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
NavAssist v2.0 was just released to the App Store!!!

This version adds local searches! Now you can cut and paste, type in an address, or select an address from your contacts AND do local searches anywhere and see the results on the map!

Now using Navigon is a breeze!

-Jason
LiquidZed@gmail.com
http://LiquidZed.blogspot.com

LiquidZed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
NavAssist v2.1 was submitted to the App Store.
It has a button to zoom to the users current location to make local search much easier. It behaves very similarly to the built in google maps button, in that once you press it, the map center will stay on your current location until you do another search, move the map, etc.
-Jason
LiquidZed@gmail.com
http://LiquidZed.blogspot.com

Tim1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Search function seems to be hit and miss. If I search say "Italian, city" it shows me the restaurant. But if I type in the "restaurant name, city" it comes up with nothing. :confused:

Edit: If I type in "resaurant name, city, province" it then works.

LiquidZed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Search function seems to be hit and miss. If I search say "Italian, city" it shows me the restaurant. But if I type in the "restaurant name, city" it comes up with nothing. :confused:

Edit: If I type in "resaurant name, city, province" it then works.

I just tried this for some various cities, and big cities like Chicago, then it seems like all you need is the city, but for other cities, then it needs a little more to know what you are talking about. The next update in the App store will also have a "Zoom to current location" key, so that you can just hit that button and then just search for whatever you want. Also, you can just search for the city, then once the map is at the city, just search for whatever you want, and it will search based on where the map is centered. The App tries to mimic how a regular map search on yahoo or google would work. The version with this "Zoom to current location" should hopefully be released in the next couple days, I already submitted it to the app store.

-Jason

LiquidZed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Can you add calendar support?

You mean support for opening your calendar up and using the "location" field to grab an address? That is an interesting idea I hadn't considered, I'll have to look into it. As a temporary workaround, you can open your calendar up, copy, and paste it into navassist. But I'll look into how hard working with the calendar is, I haven't done it before. Definetely putting it on my future features list though, thanks for the suggestion!

-Jason
LiquidZed@gmail.com

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

LiquidZed said:
Can you add calendar support?

You mean support for opening your calendar up and using the "location" field to grab an address? That is an interesting idea I hadn't considered, I'll have to look into it. As a temporary workaround, you can open your calendar up, copy, and paste it into navassist. But I'll look into how hard working with the calendar is, I haven't done it before. Definetely putting it on my future features list though, thanks for the suggestion!

-Jason
LiquidZed@gmail.com

Yeah accessing addresses on the calendar. I would definetly buy for that.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
If this app had a feature of dropping a pin and navigating from there it would be fantastic.

Also support for CoPilot and Sygic mobile maps would be nice.

sugusharma238

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
NavAssist??

Your app is awesome but why is not longer on the app store? Why cant I download it anymore? I want it back! Please tell me how to make it happen, I paid for the app and everything.

Thanks,

Sugu

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Your app is awesome but why is not longer on the app store? Why cant I download it anymore? I want it back! Please tell me how to make it happen, I paid for the app and everything.

Thanks,

Sugu
Hey, it is gone, I bought it and can't find it either... shouldn't it still be in purchased items?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.