Navigation multitasking (icon) won’t shut off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Julien, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Navigation multitasking (icon) won’t shut off.

My navigation multitasking is stuck on and I can’t get it to go off. The icon (arrow pointing 1 o'clock) stays on in the top right menu bar and my battery is draining faster now no matter what I do. I have taken the following steps.

1) Closed all apps in the task bar
    2) Shut off/on iPhone
    3) Reset
    4) Reset/sync to iTunes
    5) Reset/full iPhone restore from iTunes
    6) Cut Notification Services off and reset

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to check and kill whatever navigation is stuck on?

2. tnisatard macrumors 6502

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I find the active icon on 8 of about 22 Apps though none are running or in the multi switch bar. If I try and turn each one off or on individually it freezes for about 5 to 15 seconds. Even if I hit the Home button and back to Settings it's still frozen for the time. I can turn all off (globally) and the icon will disappear but if I reset it comes back on even though Location Services are still off. I would try and delete the Apps but 3 of them are OEM (Camera, Compass and Maps) so that won't work. Any ideas on how how clear this up and does it sound software or hardware?

Also thanks nooaah for the sarcasm but we can't all be blessed with an infinite knowledge base as you are. :eek::D

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

May have figured the guilty party. An App called The Daily App Show seems to be the problem. I deleted the App and cut all the others off and Location Services then reset. Cut back on and started all location services (sans the deleted App) and the phone now shows no icon in the top bar. However the icon still appears by the other 7 Apps under Settings/General/Location Services even though none are running. Is this normal for the icon to be on by a few (7 of 21) of the Location Service Apps and not the others and why would this be?

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I once had a persistant location icon that wouldn't go away despite closing all the apps that use location and a reboot solved the problem.

6. ajnicho macrumors 6502a