Navigon Map Data and TTS just got worse, and seems to keep getting worser

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

Jul 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have tried a couple of routes, and all of a sudden, It tells me to take I-10 towards "Rental Car"....and for some reason, wants me to get on 101 "N"...not north, but the letter N!

I tested another route to go to my girlfriend's house, and it told me to go through a permanently locked fire gate.

I have reported and reported these errors, but after subsequent, map updates. NOTHING....

I am about ready to go buy Garmin Street Pilot app and somehow ask Apple for a refund for this crappy software.
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    And you've used Garmin Street Pilot and it ALWAYS has correct map data and always updates after user feedback?
  3. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2008
    This is a quirk I've noticed at times as well. It seems to come and go. At times the TTS will say "Turn left on I two-eight-zero" as opposed to "Turn left on I two eighty" and it sounds ridiculous. Not sure what's up there but I've had the same issue at (infrequent) times.
  4. f00f macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2009
    New Yawk
    If not already common knowledge, Garmin recently acquired Navigon. So the Navigon app will likely take a turn for the worse... so to speak.
  5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2008
    Yep, I'm nervous about Garmin's acquisition too. I might just lock up the current Mobile Navigon (v1.82) and never upgrade! I have a feeling Navigon will go downhill...