Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by palmerc2, Nov 3, 2013.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Getting real sick of this administrations crap. Getting real sick of all politicians (tea party republicans but especially democrats). Do you think this has to do with the Obama administration? This is not good "change"

"When a friend of mine asked his leadership the same question, he was told, “The Jack is too closely associated with radical groups.” We must assume that this thought policeman embedded in the SEAL community is speaking of the Tea Party, whose flag (which also dates from the American Revolution) depicts a snake with the same defiant slogan as The Navy Jack.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/01/n...-on-me-navy-jack-from-uniforms/#ixzz2jdqfIaMq

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The last time someone tried to blame the Obama Administration on a uniform change, it was found to be baseless.

I'm guessing this one is built on a similar foundation.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Damn do gooders....

Still waiting for someone to say they need to issue them nerf rifles and plastic swords for training, since real guns and knives are too dangerous.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Let's start with something really basic to a logical and rational debate.

Can anybody provide a reputable source for this story?

And no ... infowars doesn't count.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably. Although, even if this is legit, considering it has come to be associated with the Tea Party and after seeing how eager the Tea Party is to destroy the US with things around the government shutdown I wouldn't have an issue with it anymore than if they decided to ban Al-Qauida flags from uniforms.

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

It might be true that they are removing the patch:

http://navyseals.com/3500/navy-seals-ordered-remove-navy-jack-uniforms/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=navy-seals-ordered-remove-navy-jack-uniforms

As in other, similar things: it is doubtful that the President is paying attention to the issue of a uniform patch, so, the "Obama orders ..." part was probably just some beancounter somewhere wanting to save 5 cents per uniform. That is what is almost always is, anyway.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

The last debate about Marine uniforms I sent a link showing that there is a panel within the Marines that makes those decisions, not the president.

As for where the OP's anger is directed it was the tea party who stole the Gadsden flag and destroyed its meaning so I'm not sure why your angry with dems.

Also this kind of thing has happened before. Most people don't realize the swastika was essentially a good luck symbol.

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

In before someone called Tea Parties terrorists

Oh crap. Never mind. More silliness on the PRSI boards.

9. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Since the Navy SEALs are nazis and everything...that's a great comparison.

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Did you actually miss the point?

11. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

From what I gather, this is not part of the official uniform. Don't understand why anything that isn't part of the uniform should be allowed on the uniform.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

13. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Yeah, the point was to call the tea party nazis, just like the loving tolerant liberals you guys are.

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

You did actually miss the point. I guess that you don't realize that, prior to its adoption by German nationalism in general, and then, particularly, by the Nazis, it had a different meaning.

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.htm

Just as the "Don't tread on me" flag also had a different meaning back when it was adopted originally:

http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsden.html

than it did as adopted by the "grass roots" (astroturf) "Tea Party" movement, seed money provided, as usual, by the Koch brothers:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-zuesse/final-proof-the-tea-party_b_4136722.html

The Tea Party was founded to protect entrenched corporate interests. It is amazing that through the power of modern political advertising, a lot of fiscal conservatives were bamboozled into supporting it. Any symbols associated with the modern "Tea Party" certainly have a different meaning than they did in the 18th century.

15. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Was it this one?

Attached Files:

16. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

I am well aware that the swastika had a different meaning. I am also aware of the parallel you are trying to draw from these examples. Don't BS me.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you like your uniform patch, you will be able to keep your uniform patch. :rolleyes:

18. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

I'm sure the president went DFR with the SECNAV and said the get those SEALs to take off the silly yellow patch, yup that's how it went down I'm sure of it. :rolleyes:

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

In 2013 the military's MRE menu changed the traditional Sloppy Joe for the Jalapeño Pepperjack Beef Patty.

More evidence that the Obama administration is throwing real Americans under the bus?

20. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

Yea and that liberal Clinton got rid of beakfast MRE's, that's all libs are good for is destroying America

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Let me know when the Tea party manages more responsible government than Mao during the cultural revolution and I will accept your point.

22. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Not my Tea Party. I just don't believe in classifying people you don't agree with as terrorists.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I agree. The Tea Party have been far less responsible than that though...

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Have you got any comprehension of the economic damage to the United States (and world) economy that would have ensued had the Tea Party had its way and the US Govt. had defaulted on its debts? Any idea at all?

When the Tea Party renounces economic terrorism, I'll stop calling them Terrorists.

25. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Of course Obama has no clue about this. He has been clueless since day one just blowing a lot of hot air and playing golf. He has all his minions doing his work so I agree with you. :rolleyes: