NBC/WSJ poll: President’s, Congress’ ratings drop to lowest levels ever

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Jun 13, 2007.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

WASHINGTON - As President Bush attempts to revive the controversial immigration reform bill he supports, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that Republicans are abandoning the president, which has dropped his job-approval rating below 30 percent -- his lowest mark ever in the survey.

But he isn’t the only one whose support is on the decline in the poll. Congress’ approval rating has plummeted eight points, bringing it below even Bush’s. And just one in five believe the country is on the right track, which is the lowest number on this question in nearly 15 years.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19209733/

In the Democratic race, Clinton has a 14-point lead (39-25 percent) over Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. They’re followed by former North Carolina Sen. Edwards at 15 percent; no other Democratic presidential candidate registers at more than 4 percent in the poll. In April, Clinton had just a five-point lead (36-31 percent) over Obama, and Edwards was at 20 percent.

In the GOP field, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani leads the pack at 29 percent. Fred Thompson comes in second at 20 percent, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Arizona Sen. John McCain are tied for third at 14 percent each.

The top two Democrats, though, seem to have upper hand in potential match-ups against the top two Republicans. According to the poll, Clinton leads Giuliani, 48-43 percent (a reversal since March, when Giuliani led Clinton by five points). And Obama tops Thompson, 50-31 percent.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Let's see, what campaign promises has the new Congress actually produced results on... hmm.. still thinking...

At least GW had the guts to tell us straight up - we're goin to war, boys, and it ain't gonna be pretty.:cool:

4. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

i can see why people are more upset with congress than the president.

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

They've done a darned good job restraining the right wing fascists who call themselves patriotic, that's for sure.

bushco also told us that the war would be over in a matter of months, didn't they? Lies and more lies is all bushco's done for the US.

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Actually, Bush told us this war against Jihaad and Al Quillya could last decades, from the beginning. The radical left Democrats weren't listening, they just voted with public opinion after 9/11.

7. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Bush has 585 days left as Big Boy on Campus. He doesn't care what his rating is.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

for the sake of his party, he should:

9. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I know he should but I just believe he doesn't give a sh*t which is really quite sad.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Let's see you explain away his Mission Accomplished fiasco. bushco only cares about making the rich richer, not about making the world a better place.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

The war against the Islamic Jihad and their militant arm, AQ, is NOT the same as the war in Iraq. What do you not understand about this? Iraq has no established links to terrorism.

Bush, and his administration, lied about virtually everything which led us to war. They lied. They knew there were no WMD and Iraq was not involved with terrorism. They are killing innocent Americans and Iraqis everyday for one reason - profiteering. You really need to wake up.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Is that pronouced I'll Killya? Good one. ;)

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

People are PO'd about two things: Iraq and that ridiculous immigration reform bill. Congress and the president deserve these low numbers.

14. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

It gets even better....

Now we have an energy Bill doomed to fail because the mismanaging fat cats
    in the auto industry and the fatter cats in the oil industry own congress.

The food industry and the cattle industry won't like it either because the price
    of grain is going up to fuel the bio fuel industry.

Big energy won't go for it because they have to clean up their act.

So the planet can turn into a cesspool for all they care as long as it's better for their bottom line.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

But he said Iraq would be a walk in the park. Cheney and Rummie even said it would over in months, if not weeks. And as mentioned, Iraq has nothing to do with the real WOT. We pulled resources from places that were actual threats, places like the 'stans where those who planned those attacks against us actually still are to go to Iraq. With no exit strategy.

Christ, you'd think this would be a given by now, and I can't believe we still have to point it out.

The same "radical left" that has done nothing to stop the "radical right" and their screw ups, and continues to do nothing? Do you think their numbers are so low because they're too far left? Why do you think we elected them in the 2006 landslide? We're sick of the war, sick of the failures and incompetence and corruption. We want change.

If anything, we're angry with the Dems for, in this case, not being enough to the left on a lot of issues.

16. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I'm furious with Congress because they aren't liberals. They are center-right do-nothings who want to pass a lot of non-binding resolutions.

This country hasn't had a real left since the 60's/70's. I'd do anything to have one again.

17. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Have you seen Saddam's head around? I think he lost it.

lies. propaganda. Reading too many fantasy liberal blogs.:rolleyes:

amen. Peace, dude.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh you're a real wit. How long did it take you to come up with that original piece? :rolleyes:

You're either joking, or ignorant. There has never been one shred of evidence to support the administration's claims. That's documented fact, and the military admits as much itself.

No comment. I don't need to get banned.

19. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

It still amazes me that some people just choose to ignore certain facts. The right has a serious problem with anti-intellectualism and anti-learning in general. Hopefully due to those two things, the neo-conservative movement will die years from now when it's only supporters are less intelligent than they are now.

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Whereas I and millions like me have been working tirelessly to make sure it doesn't. :)

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I certainly agree with you on that immigration reform bill. That's got bilge written all over it and now the President not only waded hip deep into it, but now he's still trying to walk all over the house tracking that bilge around again.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't know anyone who thinks that bill is a good idea.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Careful. Your Christianity is slipping. You should be ashamed, but probably aren't.

Have you any reason whatever for claiming this? Or are you just morphing into a despicable right-wing troll with a total disregard for the proven facts?

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I sincerely hope there aren't millions like you. Indeed, the poll figures would indicate that you and your clones are dwindling as we speak. Mind the door doesn't catch you on your way out.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And the results of that are horrifying.